Monday, July 9, 2012

Beat The Bugs with PIC Pest Free Living: A Review

About PIC Corp.:



PIC Corporation was established in 1953, when we launched the PIC Mosquito Repellent Coil. The PIC Coil became the outdoor-repellent mainstay of the drive-in theater industry.
Over three generations, PIC has grown exponentially and now offers more than 30 responsible pest solutions geared toward providing the least toxic pest management available. Today, PIC | Pest Free Living is the #1 provider of life enhancing pest solutions based on fashion and innovation.  In addition, we continue to offer the best “Value-Tiered” solutions.
PIC formulates and packages many of our products in our Linden, NJ, facility.  In addition to our NJ based production, we source our products from socially responsible suppliers in Europe, North America, and Asia to support our worldwide distribution.
We believe in operating PIC as a socially responsible company. We are proud to engage in partnerships with national not-for-profit agencies, provide jobs for the physically disabled, and educate residents of public housing on integrated pest management. In addition, we donate our pest solutions to service members overseas.
PIC Corporation is diversity owned and operated. Our promise is to provide you with responsible pest solutions of the highest quality, at competitive pricing. We pledge to operate our business with social responsibility while serving you with personal and professional care.

About Bugables:
Bugables ® work by emitting an ‘aura’ of all natural, plant-based essential oils. This scent masks the odors humans emit that attract insects effectively making “you” smell like a plant and invisible to insects.

How long will each sticker repel? 200 Hours
How large of an area does it protect? 4 to 6 feet per sticker
Are there any chemicals? The repellent is formulated with 100% Natural Oils. (Lemongrass, Geraniol & Citronella)

5 stickers per pacakge


About Twist-It:
All Natural Oils
• U.S. Laboratory Tested
• Helps Repel Mosquitoes For Up TO 200 Hours
• Twist It Around Anything
My Review:
Growing up in Manitoba, I had many experiences with insects of course, especially mosquitoes! They were over abundant and huge. Now as an adult living in Alberta, I still experience these little pests but not near as much.
 Before having children, I never really thought about the ingredients that are in mainstream insect repellents and bug sprays, however in the last almost six years, I am almost obsessed with knowing. We all know that one of the major ingredients of these products is DEET, but we also know that this product is very dangerous to humans. 
So in my hunt to find safe, and effective, products to use on my family, I have tried a number of products over the last few years. Recently I had the opportunity to try two products from PIC Corporation, Twist-It and Bugables.
Twist-It is the perfect solution for helping to fight off mosquitoes while spending time outdoors and wanting to protect a specific area, like a patio. I used our Twist-It on our patio dining table umbrella, making it the perfect accent for our family bbq times. The Twist-It kept the bugs at bay for most of our evening outdoors, which means it does what its supposed to do. My only complaint is that initially, the scent of citronella is very overpowering, taking about 1/2 hour for me to get used to it. Other than that, its a great product! I have had it on my deck for a couple weeks, and so far the bugs have been kept at bay.
Now the Bugables are the coolest things ever! My girls are much more excited about popping a sticker on their shirts then spraying on stinky bug spray, and I was so impressed with the amount of area these little stickers cover (about 4-6 feet per sticker). I loved the fun shapes and bright colors and more importantly, my girls did! I will definitely be trying to purchase more of these. I also love that they are very economical, perfect for all families.
I highly recommend both Twist-It and Bugables and give them a huge thumbs up!
BUY IT: You can purchase Bugables here, and Twist-Its here.
***I received a complimentary set of the above products, courtesy of Schneider Associates, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment