Monday, July 16, 2012

Living Jesus: A Book Review

About The Book:

Jesus says in the Sermon on the Mount, "You are blessed." But does Jesus really expect you to live the hard teachings that follow these blessings?


Randy Harris says "Yes, Jesus does!" Christ's blessings empowers us to do what he says.


More than just a guide to understanding the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 5-7, this book is a field manual for how to live out the teachings of Jesus. It may be used along with a companion film series or alone by individuals and groups.


With humor and candor, Randy Harris shows how the greatest sermon ever has changed his life for good. And he believes it can change your life too.

About The Authors:

Randy Harris is a professor of theology, author and popular speaker worldwide. He lives what he teaches, speaks with wit and wisdom, and impacts students and leaders throughout the world.


Greg Taylor is a writer and pastor in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

My Review:

The Sermon on the Mount is by far one of my favorite passages of scripture. Every time I read it, a new nugget of truth is brought to my attention. Living Jesus is one of the most recent books I have read on the subject of this scripture, and I really enjoyed it.

The book is written in a very easy to read, and conversational manner, perfect for both the everyday person studying scripture or those in ministry as a career. I absolutely loved and agreed with the authors when they said we have to obey and live out scripture, like Matthew 5-7 in order to truly be salt and light to a dark world. I love that the authors use personal stories and illustrations to make points, as well as amazing discussion questions and ideas to live out our lives, to end each chapter. The book can be read and studied on its on, or along with a DVD curriculum, sold separately. As I read, I did a lot of underlining and notetaking, and am hoping to go through the book again, to study it more in depth in the near future.

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase Living Jesus online here, through Leafwood Publishers

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Leafwood Publishers, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***


No comments:

Post a Comment