Monday, August 6, 2012

Material Witness: A Book Review

About The Book:

Tragedy strikes on the opening night of the Fall Crafters Fair when a woman is killed in the parking lot of Daisy's Quilt Shop, and the only material witness is one of Melinda Byer's boys. The investigation takes a more bizarre turn when detective Shane Black becomes convinced the killer was actually after Callie.

This time it's a madman loose in the largest crowd of the year, and he's looking for something or someone. If they can't figure out what, one of Deborah and Callie's close circle of friends may be next.


Masked identities, antique quilts with hidden messages, an Amish boy whose handicap makes him stronger, one brave dog, and a possible hidden treasure ... this time it's nonstop action, danger, and a dash of romance.


About The Author:

Vannetta Chapman has published over one hundred articles in Christian family magazines, receiving over two dozen awards from Romance Writers of America chapter groups. She discovered her love for the Amish while researching her grandfather's birthplace of Albion, Pennsylvania. Her first novel, A Simple Amish Christmas, quickly became a bestseller. Chapman lives in the Texas hill country with her husband.

My Review:

Vannetta Chapman is one of my favorite authors from the Amish Fiction genre, and once again she has not disappointed me in her most recent novel, Material Witness.

Amish Fiction and a murder mystery are not two genres that you would typical put together, but Chapman does a fantastic job at doing so, without taking anything from the simple life of the Amish. The plot is strong and the story flows perfectly from the first page to the last. The characters are all fantastic, strong and my favorite is Callie. I do not like to give away plots or storylines in my reviews but suffice it to say, this book is fantastic! I cannot wait to see what is going to be next from Vannetta Chapman!

It is a fast-paced book, that will have you guessing who-dun-it right until the very end!

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up.

BUY IT: You can purchase Material Witness at your favorite bookseller, from Zondervan when it releases September 4, 2012

***I received a complimentary electronic copy of this book, courtesy of NetGalley and the Zondervan Blogger Club, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***




2 comments:

  1. Shriley, I'm so glad you enjoyed MW. I'll begin writing a new Amish mystery series soon. In the meantime I hope you'll check out my Amish romances which begin with A Promise for Miriam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley, I'm glad you enjoyed MW. I'll begin working on the Amish Artisan Mystery series next month. In the meantime, I hope you'll try my Amish romances, which begin with A Promise for Miriam.

    ReplyDelete