Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sweet Peas and Pumpkins: A Jewelry Review

A few months ago, I had the opportunity to connect with Maureen Romansky, owner of Sweet Peas and Pumpkins. Although only online, we have spoken a number of times, and I was so excited when she offered to send me a couple pieces to review. 


About Maureen:

I live in Toronto, Canada, and I'm proudly half Canadian and half Dutch. I work as a marketer by day, managing Ferrero's Canadian Kinder businesses (Surprise, Chocolate, Bueno).

I have always found outlets for my creative side - music, writing, art - but when I discovered that I had a knack for creating jewelry, I was instantly addicted.

I am a mom of 2, which brings me to the name of my shop. Sweet Pea & Pumpkin are the nicknames I have for my children, Anneke (my 'sweet pea') and Shaw (my 'pumpkin').You'll recognize me if you see me on the street from the tattoo of a sweet pea & pumpkin on my shoulder - I guess you could say I've taken "branding" to a whole new level! ;) They inspire everything I do, and will often create works of art of their own with spare buttons, beads, and stones while I design and make my jewelry.





About Sweet Peas and Pumpkins:

I create a wide range of jewelry - rings, earrings, bracelets, necklaces - for both women and girls. My favourite materials are semi-precious stones and artistic wire, but I'm always researching & experimenting with new techniques and types of jewelry.

I am happy to customize jewelry to suit your particular needs (sensitivities to metal, colour & material preferences), and I also welcome custom requests. 



My Review:

I was blessed to have the opportunity to review three pieces of fantastic jewelery from Sweet Peas and Pumpkins. I received a beautiful green and gold toned necklace, and my girls were both sent super cute bracelets.



The necklace was a custom piece, and I absolutely appreciated Maureen asking me what my favorite stones and colors where, as well as whether I preferred gold or silver. The result is the photo seen above. 

Both of the bracelets that the girl's received were just perfect for a little girl. With bright color beads and butterfly's my girls have felt like the princesses they are with each wearing. They have been worn with almost every outfit and almost all outings.  You can see the pieces above. Clearly a huge hit with them to be sure.

 It is clear that only the deepest attention for detail and an amazing amount of time is put into each piece Maureen makes. The website is very easy to navigate and use, and I have already seen a couple more pieces in the near future. I also love that all the jewelry is very affordable 

If you are in the market for gift giving ideas, or wanting to treat yourself to a great, new piece of jewelry then you need to check out Sweet Peas and Pumpkin today!

BUY IT: Check out Sweet Peas and Pumpkins online here.

***I received a complimentary set of jewelry, courtesy of Sweet Peas and Pumpkins, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***


No comments:

Post a Comment