Friday, August 17, 2012

The Digest Diet: A Book Review

About The Book:

The Digest Diet utilizes groundbreaking science and collective wisdom to help you lose weight quickly and safely -- backed by the authority of America's most trusted magazine. Join editor-in-chief Liz Vaccariello as she analyzes and condenses decades of research to unveil the surprising truth about weight loss. She reveals eye-opening and myth-busting ways to shed fat and slim down -- and puts it all into one easy-to-use plan. Read the fascinating pages and get these life-changing, health-boosting lessons:

  • Beat the sneaky fat increasers that cause "fat creep"
  • Enjoy amazing and delicious fat releasing foods
  • Discover why fast weight loss is safe and effective
  • Stop craving junk food and start craving greens
  • Drop a pound or more a day for 21 days!
  • Delight in the surprising fat-burning power of laughter
About The Author:


Liz Vaccariello, author of The Digest Diet, is editor-in-chief and chief content officer of Reader's Digest, which reaches more than 26 million readers. She is the coauthor of the #1 New York Times bestsellerFlat Belly Diet! and 400 Calorie Fix. Vaccariello regularly appears on national programs such as Good Morning America and The Doctors and has been featured on The Biggest Loser, Today, Rachael Ray, and The View. Previously, she was editor-in-chief ofPrevention. She lives in New Jersey with her family.


For more information, view Liz Vaccariello's Web site.

Become a fan on Facebook, and follower on Twitter.

My Review:

In the last ten years I have really tried to get healthier through diet and exercise. However, since having Gestational Diabetes twice, and diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in 2010 I have stepped up getting healthy even more.

I have tried a number of "fad diets" but haven't really had a lot of success. What has worked for me best is good old watching what I eat and getting myself moving on a daily basis. That said, there are a number of fantastic books on the market that will guide people to getting healthy. 
One of these books is The Digest Diet, which I recently had the opportunity to review.

The book covers a 21 day diet that is meant to melt fat fast. This initially had me skeptical, but after reading the book and trying a few of the recipes, I have to say it does seem to be the real thing. I did not actually do the diet step-by-step because I did not have clearance from my doctor (we are trying to regulate my blood sugar at the moment, and my doc does not want me fiddling around too much with food intake at this point). The book is nicely organized and goes through the program in great detail, and seems very easy to implement.

I did have the opportunity to test a few of the recipes and they were not only delicious, but super easy to prepare and use many of the everyday ingredients most of us already have in our kitchens, without having to buy extra special stuff.

If you are looking for way to jump start your weight loss I highly recommend this book.

BUY IT: You can purchase The Digest Diet at your favorite bookseller, from Reader's Digest.

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of FSB Media, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment