Friday, August 24, 2012

To Love and To Cherish: A Book Review

About The Book:


Escape to a Beautiful, Historic Island Resort

Bridal Veil Island, Georgia
1898

Melinda Colson has been waiting months for Evan, the assistant gamekeeper at the Bridal Veil Island resort, to propose. Without an offer of marriage, she must return to Cleveland with the family she works for as a lady's maid.

Evan isn't afraid of hard work, and he hopes to be promoted soon. He wants to marry Melinda--but not until he's sure he can support her and a family.

Letters strengthen their romance until a devastating storm strikes the island. With no word from Evan, Melinda knows she must journey back to Bridal Veil in search of her beloved.

But the hurricane isn't the last calamity to shake up Bridal Veil. Melinda finds a new job on the island, but still no offer of marriage comes her way. Has she given her heart to the wrong person? Will she ever find a man to love and cherish?



About The Author:


Tracie Peterson is the award-winning author of over eighty novels, both historical and contemporary. Her avid research resonates in her stories, as seen in her bestselling Heirs of Montana, and Alaskan Quest series. Tracie and her family make their home in Montana. Visit Tracie's Web site atwww.traciepeterson.com and her blog atwww.writespassage.blogspot.com.
Judith Miller is an award-winning author whose avid research and love for history are reflected in her bestselling novels. When time permits, Judy enjoys traveling, visiting historical settings, and scrapbooking the photographs from her travel expeditions. She makes her home in Topeka, Kansas. Visit her Web site at www.judithmccoymiller.com.


My Review:

I was very excited to read book two of this series and it was so worth the wait. The relationship between the two main characters, Melinda and Evan has its rough moments to be sure, but it is so apparent that they are meant to be together. The entire book covers the theme of waiting on God's timing and what could potentially happen when we don't. A great reminder for all of us.

The storyline is fantastic and I love the depth that each character, both primary and secondary, bring to the novel. There is not only romance but also a little mystery to solve within the novel, and who will be guessing who the mastermind is right until almost the end of the book. And I am very excited that book 3, To Honor and Trust, will be in store January 2013! 

If you are a fan of both Tracie Peterson and Judith Miller you will thoroughly enjoy To Love and To Cherish. I know I did.

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up.

BUY IT: You can purchase To Love and To Cherish at your favorite bookseller, from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications Inc., for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

7 comments:

  1. Wow that was odd. I just wrote an really long comment
    but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.
    Anyway, just wanted to say fantastic blog!

    Here is my site; verträge trotz schufa
    Also see my webpage :: kredit ohne schufaauskunft seriös

    ReplyDelete
  2. What i do not realize is in fact how you're no longer actually a lot more neatly-favored than you might be now. You're so intelligent.
    You realize therefore considerably in relation to this topic,
    made me individually imagine it from a lot of
    varied angles. Its like women and men aren't interested unless it is one thing to do with Woman gaga! Your personal stuffs outstanding. At all times deal with it up!

    Stop by my web blog; krankenversicherungen gesetzlich
    My web site: privat krankenversicherungen vergleich

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, this weekend is nice in favor of me, since this time i am reading
    this wonderful informative article here at my house.

    Review my web-site; private krankenversicherung liste
    Also see my page :: private krankenversicherung ab

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's an remarkable piece of writing designed for all the web people; they will take advantage from it I am sure.

    Also visit my website: gesetzliche krankenversicherung leistungen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed, I have to admit. Rarely do I encounter a blog that's
    equally educative and engaging, and let me tell you, you've hit the nail on the head. The problem is something not enough folks are speaking intelligently about. Now i'm
    very happy I came across this in my search for something regarding this.


    Also visit my web page ... new successful business ideas

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm amazed, I have to admit. Rarely do I encounter a blog that's equally educative and engaging, and let me tell you, you've hit the nail on the head. The problem is something not enough folks are speaking intelligently about. Now i'm
    very happy I came across this in my search
    for something regarding this.

    my site; new successful business ideas
    my webpage: Need Business Idea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice answer back in return of this matter with real arguments and explaining the whole thing concerning that.


    My web page; Adult All Inclusive Resorts

    ReplyDelete