Friday, September 7, 2012

Calm Parent - AM and PM: A Review

Do you struggle with having to tell your child(ren) repeatedly to accomplish tasks? Do you find yourself getting frustrated with each passing day? Are you looking for ways to learn how to be a calmer parent, regardless of the chaos going on in your home? If so, I am delighted to share with you a wonderful program, developed by well-known family therapist, Debbie Pincus, MS, LMHC, called The Calm Parent AM and PM.


About The Calm Parent AM and PM:


Do you try your best not to scream at your kids, but you boil over with frustration and anger anyway? Does their behavior have you constantly worried and upset? Staying calm with a child who’s disrespectful and who acts out doesn’t come naturally for parents. That’s why so many have sought help over the last 25 years with Debbie Pincus, MS LMHC, a renowned expert in the art and science of parenting calmly, not anxiously.

In her new, at–home program, The Calm Parent AM & PM, Debbie shows you how to stop screaming, overreacting and taking your child’s behavior personally, and remain calm even in the most stressful parenting situations.


Features:
  • One AM Audio Lesson
  • One PM Audio Lesson
  • Three Calm Parenting Audio Lessons
  • One Bonus CD - The Instant Calm Down
  • One  113 page Workbook/Instruction Manual
  • Hotline Help Available
  • Comes With a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
  • Current Special Offer Price $99 (Ordinarily $149)
About Empowering Parents:

Empowering Parents has been giving our readers “straight talk and real results” since 2007. We are committed to providing parents and caregivers with sound advice using the same Cognitive Behavioral Therapy principles that The Total Transformation and our other programs are based upon.

So what will you discover when you read our award-winning Empowering Parents website and newsletter? You won’t find generic advice about parenting. You won’t see tons of ads for kids’ clothing and toys. And we don’t have pictures of celebrity moms going grocery shopping. But what we do have is priceless: content you can use to help turn around your child’s behavior, right away.

If you’re looking for real parenting advice that works, you’ve come to the right place. Not only do our experts tell it like it is, they give you honest, practical, effective advice that you can start using today. On our blog, in our article comments section and on our Facebook page, you’ll find other parents who are dealing with the same issues you’re dealing with right now. When you become part of the EP community, you’ll experience what many of our parents say: “It’s like you’ve been looking in the windows of my house and know my family. I am starting to parent differently and my kids’ behavior is finally changing. And best of all, I don’t feel alone anymore.”

Empowering Parents: Straight talk, real results in a judgment-free zone. Thanks for visiting us. We’re glad you’re here.

My Review:

I will be the first to admit that I have a slight addiction to parenting books. You know the ones - how to deal with bedtime battles, picky eaters, toilet training, and so many more. The retail market is bombarded with these books, but honestly there are not enough that deal with the parent itself. That is why Calm Parent AM and PM was so refreshing to check out. 

I have worked through Audio CD one, and the related lesson in the workbook, for the sake of review, and am continuing to work through the rest of the product currently. Although I haven't practiced the rest of the techniques adequately thus far,  I was pleased to notice that all the techniques can be used for children of all ages. That is because the book is designed for the parents, not the children. Whatever age your children are, be it a toddler or a teen, all parents will benefit from The Calm Parent AM and PM.

The audio cd is very pleasant to listen to and I loved that I could import it to my iTunes and put it on my iPhone. Perfect for the long road trip we took in August. The work book is very easy to follow and allows one to really examine yourself and make the necessary changes. The program has really helped me to examine how I parent and why. I have already learned the downside of being a reactive parent and how to be calm, not just act it (and there is a difference!). I look forward to the rest of the program greatly, and also checking out some of the other products available on the Empowering Parents website

I will be the first to admit I am not always a calm parent, and that there are a number of areas I know I can improve on (don't we all at one time or another). With this program, I have definitely taken a step in the right direction to become a calmer parent. And while not a specifically Christian-based parenting program, The Calm Parent is definitely a wonderful supplement for parents of any faith to use to help parent more effectively and calmly. 

I highly recommend The Calm Parent AM and PM and give it a huge thumbs up.

BUY IT: You can purchase The Calm Parent AM and PM online through Empowering Parents, from Legacy Publishing Company.

***I received a complimentary copy of the above product, courtesy of Em


No comments:

Post a Comment