Thursday, September 20, 2012

Praying God's Word for Your Husband: A Book Review


About The Author:


Women often offer up polite prayers to God without any real hope of seeing change in their marriage, their husbands, or themselves. Kathi Lipp directs women to Scripture and shows wives how to pray God’s Word boldly and in full confidence of seeing God-sized results. With a light touch and an approachable style, Kathi shows women what a blessing it is to pray for their husbands, addressing specific concerns, like praying for his
  • parenting
  • career and finances
  • relationship with God and others
  • emotional health
  • future
  • and more
Kathi shows readers how to stop feeling helpless and start making a difference in their husbands’ lives through bold, expectant prayer, whether they are new believers or have been walking with God for years.

About The Author:

Kathi Lipp is a busy conference and retreat speaker who reaches thousands of wives each year. She is the author of several books and has been a guest on numerous national radio programs, including Focus on the Family. She and her husband have four children and live in California.

My Review:

Over the last two years I have had the wonderful opportunity to review several of Kathi Lipp's books, so when I had the chance to review Praying God's Word for Your Husband, I jumped at it.

The book is organized very nicely, with part one covering how to prepare to pray for your husband and part two including prayers for specific topics.  The book not only gives you prayers also scripture that will help to bring intimacy to your prayer life regarding the second most important person in your life (the first being God!). I have used the book as part of my devotional time in the morning before my husband leaves for work. In our conversations I try to figure out what he needs prayer for and incorporate it that with the prayers in this book. It works nicely to do this. I have also been journaling a lot of the prayers too.

If you are looking for a great idea for a bridal shower or wedding gift, I would highly suggest Praying God's Word for Your Husband.

I give this book a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase a copy of Praying God's Word online here. (you can even get it signed by the author!)

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of the author and her publisher Revell Books, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***


No comments:

Post a Comment