Monday, October 15, 2012

For This Child I Prayed: A Book Review

About The Book:


With a new cover and a refreshed selection of lovely paintings by popular artist Susan Rios, For This Child I Prayed by Stormie Omartian will continue to reach the hearts of parents, aunts, grandmas, godparents, and dear friends dedicated to praying for the life of a little one.
This thoughtful collection of cherished prayers, Scriptures, and insights that have made bestselling author Stormie Omartian’sThe Power of a Praying™ Parent line so successful (over 2.4 million copies sold) will lift up a son, daughter, or grandchild from infancy through young childhood and beyond.
Uplifting prose and sweet paintings of children shape a family keepsake to treasure over the years.
About The Author:
Stormie Omartian is the bestselling author (more than 23 million books sold) of The Power of a Praying® series, which includes The Power of a Praying® Wife Devotional and The Power of a Praying® Woman. Her many other books include Just Enough Light for the Step I’m On, The Prayer That Changes Everything®, and Praying the Bible into Your Life. Stormie and her husband, Michael, have been married more than 39 years and are the parents of two married children.
My Review:
Do you have family or friends that have just had a new baby?
Are you expecting a little one?
For This Child I Prayed is a stunningly illustrated book that gives parents beautiful scripture to pray over their child, whether they are born yet or not. Stormie Omartian is a well known author, but this is one of the first times I have seen a gift book from her. It is a perfect gift ideas for baby showers (I always love giving a gift for baby, but mom as well), Christmas, birthdays and just any old time. 
The prayers in here are easy to read and understand and follow all stages of parenting from newborn to teen years. The pictures of the children throughout are adorable and I love that you can easily add your child's own name into each prayer. 
I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!
BUY IT: You can purchase For This Child I Prayed at your favorite bookseller, from Harvest House Publishers
***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Harvest House Publishers, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***


No comments:

Post a Comment