Monday, October 1, 2012

With Every Letter: A Book Review

About The Book:


They know everything about each other--except their real names.

Lt. Mellie Blake is looking forward to beginning her training as a flight nurse. She is not looking forward to writing a letter to a man she's never met--even if it is anonymous and part of a morale-building program. Lt. Tom MacGilliver, an officer stationed in North Africa, welcomes the idea of an anonymous correspondence--he's been trying to escape his infamous name for years.

As their letters crisscross the Atlantic, Tom and Mellie develop a unique friendship despite not knowing the other's true identity. When both are transferred to Algeria, the two are poised to meet face-to-face for the first time. Will they overcome their fears and reveal who they are, or will their future be held hostage by their pasts?

Combining a flair for romance with excellent research and attention to detail, Sarah Sundin vividly brings to life the perilous challenges of WWII aviation, nursing--and true love.

You can read an excerpt of this book here, in PDF format

About The Author:

Sarah Sundin is the author of A Distant MelodyA Memory Between Us, and Blue Skies Tomorrow. In 2011, A Memory Between Us was a finalist in the Inspirational Reader's Choice Awards and Sarah received the Writer of the Year Award at the Mount Hermon Christian Writers Conference. A graduate of UC San Francisco School of Pharmacy, she works on-call as a hospital pharmacist. During WWII, her grandfather served as a pharmacist's mate (medic) in the Navy and her great-uncle flew with the US Eighth Air Force in England. Sarah lives in California with her husband and three children.

My Review:

I have absolutely loved reading With Every Letter! The book caught my attention from the start, and I loved reading a a WWII novel from the perspective from a flight nurse. What a new way for me to read this genre style. 

The book flowed in a fantastic manner, introducing many wonderful characters and life experiences, but also important themes like forgiveness. I have only read one other of Sarah Sundin's books (A Distant Melody) but will definitely be adding her books to my TBR and wish-list piles. Also, I am super excited that With Every Letter is the first book in a series, and I can't wait to see what she comes out with next. The two main characters were by far my favorite, and with each page read I looked forward to what was next for them.I could not put this book down,  reading it in only a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon. 

If you are a fan of WWII Christian fiction or know someone who is, then I highly recommend this book and give it a thumbs up.

BUY IT: You can purchase With Every Letter at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc., for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment