Friday, December 7, 2012

Holiday Gift Guide: Creating Memories with Play-Doh and Hasbro!



One of my children's favorite activities to do is creating and pretending with playdough. I have fond memories of playing with brand name Play-Doh as a child, often spending hours doing so. Now that my children are preschool and school age, I have had the pleasure of creating similar memories! Sometimes they make monsters or food, or people, it really changes each time they play. That is the beauty of this great product, it is so open-ended and allows children to create whatever they want. There is no right or wrong way to use Play-Doh! They also have many amazing kits to expand on the play, for example, I grew up with the kit that made teeth and you could pretend to brush and floss them. Recently, our family received two such kits: The Play-Doh Chalkboard Set and Prettiest Princess Castle Set.

Play-Doh Chalkboard:

Numbers are more fun with PLAY-DOH modeling compound! This colourful chalkboard set gives your child the tools to make numbers and shapes out of 4 different colours of PLAY-DOH modeling compound. In addition to helping your child learn about shapes and numbers, cutting, squeezing, and rolling PLAY-DOH compound helps children develop fine motor skills. Make the building blocks of learning fun with the more than 20 pieces in the PLAY-DOH Chalkboard Set!

Set includes 16 cutters, scissors, roller and 4 three-ounce cans of PLAY-DOH modeling compound.
NOTICE TO PARENTS: CONTAINS WHEAT. NONTOXIC. CONFORMS TO ASTM D-4236.



Prettiest Princess Castle:

Give your favorite DISNEY princesses a ""magical"" makeover! Dress up the Aurora, Belle and Cinderella princess cutouts with the beautiful pretend slippers, roses, tiaras, and other accessories you’ll make out of the 6 colors of PLAY-DOH modeling compound! When you put a princess cutout in one the castle’s book molds and add PLAY-DOH modeling compound, she comes out with a dress and accessories you’ve created. One of the cans contains sparkle compound, so you can give Cinderella’s tiara or Belle’s gown a special sparkly beauty! Make your lovely princesses their loveliest with the Prettiest Princess Castle Set! 

Set includes castle, base, 3 princess door molds, prince door mold, tower presser, 3 princesses,instructions and 6 two-ounce cans of PLAY-DOH modeling compound. 


NOTICE TO PARENTS: CONTAINS WHEAT. NONTOXIC. CONFORMS TO ASTM D-4236.


My Review:

We are absolutely loving both of these sets! It has been so much fun for my girls to create their version of Disney's most-loved princesses - Cinderella, Belle and Aurora, and listening to them recreate the stories behind these characters! They can not only create skirts for each princesses but countless accessories as well. My girls have loved this. 

The Chalkboard Set has been not only a welcome addition for my girls but also for my family child care program. It has been a great way to help children learn their numbers and shapes while having fun! My personal philosophy in my Early Childhood Education career is that children learn from play, and Play-Doh definitely helps in that learning. 

The only negative that I have is that my children play with Play-Doh so often that it often dries out very quickly, but that is not a bad problem to have. I simply use a couple different recipes that I have in my collection to make large batches of replacement dough and play continues! Also, it would be great if Play-Doh could come up with a gluten free product for those families who deal with this type of allergy.

If you are looking for a fantastic gift idea for any child in your life, I highly recommend any products from the Play-Doh family of products.

I give both products seen above a huge thumbs up!

BuY IT: You can purchase both the Chalkboard Set and Prettiest Princess Castle at your favorite toy retailer.

***I received a complimentary set of the above Play-Doh products, courtesy of Hasbro Canada, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment