Saturday, January 12, 2013

Hope for Desperate Moms!

Do you have any books that have truly challenged you, encouraged you, and have truly changed your life? In the last two years I have read hundreds of books, and yet recently I received one that I believe is going to be pivotal in my journey as a mom!


About The Book:


Desperate is for those who love their children to the depths of their souls but who have also curled up under their covers, fighting back tears, and begging God for help. It’s for those who have ever wondered what happened to all their ideals for what having children would be like. For those who have ever felt like all the “experts” have clearly never had a child like theirs. For those who have prayed for a mentor. For those who ever felt lost and alone in motherhood.
In Desperate you will find the story of one young mother’s honest account of the desperate feelings experienced in motherhood and one experienced mentor’s realistic and gentle exhortations that were forged in the trenches of raising her own four children.
Also in Desperate:
  • QR codes and links at the end of each chapter that lead to videos with Sarah Mae and Sally talking about the chapter
  • Practical steps to take during the desperate times
  • Bible study and journal exercises in each chapter that will lead you to identify ways in which you can grow as a mom
  • Mentoring advice for real-life situations
  • Q & A section with Sally where she answers readers questions
About The Authors:

Sarah Mae loves God and is in awe of His kindness. She is a homemaker, blogger, the author of the bestselling eBook, 31 Days To Clean: Having a Martha House the Mary Way, and a lover of salted caramel mochas. She lives in Pennsylvania with her husband and three spunky children.

Sally Clarkson loves drinking strong English tea, reading rousing fiction, and living in Monument, Co.,which her four grown children also cal home. She is the author of numerous books and articles on Christian motherhood and parenting and leads WholeHearted Mother Conferences.

My Review: 


Last week, I discovered a copy of Desperate: Hope For The Mom Who Needs To Breathe in my mail box. I knew it was coming, as I have been in touch with one of the authors, Sarah Mae, via Facebook on a number of occasions. However, I don't think I realized the immediate impact this book would make on me! I am only two chapters in and already I am seeing myself in so many of the comments made throughout what I have read. 

I will be posting a more thorough book review over the next couple weeks but suffice it to say today, this is a book that all moms need to read. Along with the Bible, a solid book written by moms and to moms is so important as we travel the journey of raising our children to love God, and be used by Him. This is definitely one of those books.

The book is very easy to read, and thus far will appeal to all ages and stages of moms. I love that each chapter has reflection questions and scripture to meditate on. I am hoping to get the DVD study that will be coming available in March and use it for myself, and possibly start a study group with other moms I know, later in the year.




Some of my favorite quotes from the first couple chapters include:

"motherhood is a process, a journey." (p. 11)

"And above all, I need to remember that "good" motherliness has nothing to do with how God sees me. Nothing. I am pleasing to Him on my good days and my bad days. His love for me never wavers...and never will. Because I am His." (p. 6)

"None of us are made to deal with life alone. All of us, even introverts, are made for relationship to experience God's grace through our dearest friends around us." (p. 21)

We are living in an isolationst culture today and have become accustomed to lonely living that God never intended us to experience.”

Stay tuned over the next few weeks, as I share more of my thoughts about this fantastic book!

BUY IT: You can purchase Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs To Breathe at your favorite bookseller from Thomas Nelson. It is also available online through Amazon.

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of the authors and Thomas Nelson, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner

No comments:

Post a Comment