Saturday, January 5, 2013

Loves Finds You in Glacier Bay Alaska: A Book Review

About The Book:

Sometimes the love we've always wanted is the one we've always had.

Singer Ginny Marshall is one signature away from a major recording contract - a dream come true for a girl still struggling to bury the memories of the past. 

Wanting to talk to someone with her best interests in mind, she looks up her former fiance, Brett Miller, in Glacier Bay, Alaska. There, the stunning scenery provides a respite from LA's pressures, and Ginny finds community among the charming residents. 

She also discovers a box of old letters and is swept up in the tale of Clay, an early missionary to Alaska, and Ellie, the woman who traveled there to be his children's governess.

 As their story unfolds, Ginny just might discover that healing and love are sometimes found in the most unexpected places.


About The Author:

Tricia Goyer is the award-winning author of more than thirty novels. She and her husband have four children and live in Arkansas.

Ocieanna Fleiss is a published author and editor. She lives with her husband and their four children in the Seattle area. This is the authors' third book together.


My Review:

Tricia Goyer has been a favorite author of mine for a couple of years now, and I have also come to know her via Facebook in the last number of months. Her writing is so inspiring and I was extremely blessed to be chosed to be part of the 2013 Tricia Goyer Fiction Launch Team recently. The first book that I have the opportunity to review is Love Finds You in Glacier Bay, co-written with Ocieanna Fleiss, another fantastic author.

The book is exactly what I have come to love from Goyer. Amazing story lines, delightful characters and a strong faith message throughout the book had me reading late into the night in order to finish it. Be warned though, you will want tissue nearby as, if you are anything like me, you will shed a tear or two. 

I absolutely loved the geographical descriptions that the authors included in the book. It totally made me feel like I was right there in Glacier Bay experiencing each moment the characters did. I also loved the switching back from past to present-day experiences. Normally this style of writing frustrates me, however in this book it was done so masterfully that I truly enjoyed it. 

As much as I enjoyed each character, the geography, and the community life that is represented in the book, the most important thing that stood out was the message that God loves us and is with us even through our most difficult times. Love Finds You in Glacier Bay oozed inspirational fiction and has truly been one of my fave books to read in the last year. Kudos to both Tricia Goyer and Ocieanna Fleiss on collaborating on a fantastic book.

With any novel I read, if I can picture myself in the scenes themselves, or see the book as a feature film, it is a hit. Love Finds You in Glacier Bay accomplished both those things! 

 With themes of forgiveness, love, healing, and trust weaved throughout the book, there is something for all readers in this well-written (and impeccably researched) novel.

Stay tuned for more reviews of upcoming releases from Tricia Goyer in the coming months!

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!
BUY IT: You can purchase Love Finds You in Glacier Bay at your favorite bookseller, and online through Amazon

***I received a complimentary copy of this book as a member of the 2013 Tricia Goyer Fiction Launch Team, for the purpose of promotion and review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment