Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My 2013 Reading List!

As any reader of my blog, friends and family can attest to, I love to read. There is something about a great book to lift your spirits, let your imagination flow, and teach you something you may not have realized you needed to learn. I love books!

Last year I managed to read over 250 books to review here on the blog. I know, crazy isn't it?

As much as I loved that (and still do) I found that I missed out on reading just for me. I read some pretty incredible books last year, so this year instead of going out and buying new or used books to add to my personal TBR (to-be-read) pile, I decided to create a challenge for myself and read one or two books a month of my personal favorites from last couple of years that I have been reviewing books on the blog.

So here is the list. Again, I have read all these, or will be in the next several weeks, but am now going to re-read them for me and really dig deep and allow God to teach me through these amazing authors. I will update you on on thoughts as the months go, and even post the links to the original reviews!

Without delay, here is the list:

January:

1. A Confident Heart by Renee Swope

2. Anything by Jennie Allen

February:

3. One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp

4. The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace

March:

5. A Woman's Right To Rest by Denise George

6. Stress-Less Living by Tracie Miles

April:

7. Multiply by Francis Chan

8. The Fitting Room by Kelly Minter

May: 

9. Captivating by Staci Eldridge

10. Grace by Max Lucado

June:

11. Greater by Steven Furtick

12. A Still and Quiet Soul by Cathy Messecar

July:

12. Grace for the Good Girl by Emily Freeman

13. No Other Gods by Kelly Minter

August:

14. Praying Circles Around Your Children by Mark Batterson

15. Let.It.Go. by Karen Ehman

September:

16. Not A Fan by Kyle Idleman

17. Empty Promises by Pete Wilson

October:

18. Unfailing Love by Karol Ladd

19. Ministry of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson

November:

20. A Wife After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George

21. A Mom After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George

December:

22. Sacred Parenting by Gary Thomas

23. Seven by Jen Hatmaker

What books are you wanting to read this year? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment