Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Stressed-Less Living: A Book Review

About The Book:


Women have a desperate longing for a stress cure--a revitalized perspective and re-energized faith.STRESSED-LESS LIVING offers life-changing, heart-renewing, long-lasting remedies that will bring peace, even when things feel out of control.

Life is tense and offers no easy answers or quick fixes. The good news is that in a world of unrest and stress readers can find the peace for which they hunger. Tracie Miles, in this breakthrough book, helps women unload the pressure cooker of life and learn to rely on the peace that Christ promises all those who come to Him. Tracie maintains that the direction many women receive today is attached to temporary helps like meditation, relaxation strategies, breathing exercises, and support groups. STRESSED-LESS LIVING unpacks the truth found in Scripture about how to overcome fear, anxiety, and uncertainty, and shows the stressed-out woman how she can not only survive stress, but thrive in spite of it through faith in the promises of God.

About The Author:

TRACIE MILES is a national conference speaker with Proverbs 31 Ministries. She speaks at events around the country to empower and motivate women to depend on Christ in their everyday lives. Tracie is a contributing writer for the Proverbs 31 Encouragement for Today online devotions that currently touch over 500,000 hearts each day. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and three children. Visit Tracie at www.traciemiles.com or at her book site at www.stressedlessliving.com

My Review:

I think one of the most common things that I hear my female friends and family say whenever I ask, "how are you?" is "I'm stressed!". I can relate. With young children, running a home child care business, being married, and trying to fit all the things I need to accomplish in one day, life is sometimes very overwhelming. But honestly, how much of that is our own fault. Many of us think we need to do it all, be it all, and be smiling the whole time and then wonder why our blood pressure is high, we are tired and cranky. It does not need to be this way, and should not be this way! 

As I read Stressed-Less Living, I found myself nodding and smiling as I found myself relating to so much of the book. The end of chapter reflection and Stress Busting Scripture references were fantastic, and I made a ton of notes. This is one book that I will be going through more deeply later in the year. It is very well written, encouraging, challenging and most importantly, draws you to the One who will take care of your stress, once and for all, if you let Him. 

If you are looking for an encouraging read that will help you learn to stress less and give more up to God than you ever have before, you need to read this book. It is that good.

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase Stressed-Less Living online through Leafwood Publishers. 

***I received a complimentary copy of the above book, courtesy of Leafwood Publishers, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment