Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Giving Back with Wonkets This Valentine's Day!

With Valentine's Day just a few days away, there are many people looking for gift ideas. Gifts seem to range from traditional flowers and jewellry to movies and concert tickets. When I look for gifts I often try to get locally made, unique pieces whenever possible. There are thousands of gift ideas out there, but not many that make a difference to those beyond ourselves.

What if the gift you gave helped to lift women out of addiction and poverty to become the beautiful women of God they were always meant to be?

In Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada there is a wonderful street ministry named Streets Alive. The wonderful people that run Streets Alive, Ken and Julie Kissick, started the ministry in order to reach out and help meet the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of the poor in the city of Lethbridge. This is done in a variety of ways, including a Sunday morning church service and lunch, soup kitchen, and providing free clothing, furniture and food.


As with many ministries, Streets Alive relies on donations to operate. One of the ways they raise money is through the sale of Wonkets. Wonkets is beautiful, custom lampworking jewelry designed and created by Julie Kissick.  Proceeds from the sales of Wonkets pieces go directly to minister to the women of Lethbridge!

I am extremely fortunate to have had the opportunity to partner with Wonkets in the last couple weeks, and received a stunning pendant necklace.  As I checked out the Wonkets website, I immediately fell in love and my wish list for stunning and affordable jewelry has grown exponentially! Each piece is unique and I love that Wonkets is a local Lethbridge Jewelry company! I absolutely love the craftsmanship of the Wonket I received and its in my favorite color - red - and already I have received several compliments on the piece itself. Julie is a very talented woman to be sure, and I am overjoyed that through her talent, many women in the Lethbridge, Alberta area are being helped and cared for.

And not only did I receive a beautiful, one-of-a-kind piece from Wonkets but one of you wonderful readers will win their own piece!

BUY IT: You can purchase Wonkets online here.

WIN IT: 
One (1) reader
 will win 
this 
beautiful Wonket



MANDATORY ENTRY: Head over to Wonkets and tell me one which is your favorite piece

EXTRA ENTRIES: (mandatory entry must be completed for extra entries to count)

1. Follow A Mom After God's Own Heart via GFC (see sidebar)

2. Like A Mom After God's Own Heart on Facebook

3. Follow Me on Twitter 

4. Follow Me on Pinterest

5. Follow Me on Instagram

6. Like Wonkets on Facebook

7. Like Streets Alive on Facebook

GIVEAWAY OPEN TO U.S. AND CANADA ONLY

GIVEAWAY ENDS FEBRUARY 18, 2013

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

***I received a complimentary product, courtesy of Wonkets and Off The Wall Social Media Management, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

64 comments:

  1. Blue Bomber is lovely. Thanks. saubleb(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lime-aid bracelet! I did everything else as well except the instagram one didn't work for me.

    lvjyfaith (at) yahoo ( dot ) ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Golden Sky is beautiful. elliotbencan(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey Bear bracelet is my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  5. Follow A Mom After God's Own Heart via GFC as Robyn L

    yourstrulee(at)sasktel(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like A Mom After God's Own Heart on Facebook
    as Robyn Heffley Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Follow you on Twitter as @rlee1950

    yourstrulee(at)sasktel(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like Wonkets on Facebook as Robyn Heffley Lee

    yourstrulee(at)sasktel(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like Streets Alive on Facebook as Robyn Heffley Lee

    yourstrulee(at)sasktel(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked Wonkets on Facebook as Sharon Berger.saubleb(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like black gold.
    Amy Brewer
    brewerchickey78@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. gfc follower
    Amy Brewer
    brewerchickey78@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. twitter follower already with my twitter name @makeetis
    Amy Brewer
    brewerchickey78@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the Golden Sky necklace too

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like Garnets and Ice necklace the most. cardshark42(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I follow through GFC as 409cope. cardshark42(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I follow you on twitter as 409cope.cardshark42(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I follow you on pinterest as 409cope.cardshark42(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like you on facebook.Shari Dalton cardshark42(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  20. honey bear bracelet
    jessicawedwards@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Orange Blosson Bracelet is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I follow on P{interest as http://pinterest.com/kwolek21/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like Wonkets on FB as Linda Kwolek

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like A Mom After God's Own Heart on Facebook as Laurie Bolduc

    ReplyDelete
  25. I follow @momrempel on twitter as @BoldCaddy

    ReplyDelete
  26. I follow you on pinterest as Laurie Bolduc-Cadieux

    ReplyDelete
  27. I follow you on Instagram as laurbolduc

    ReplyDelete
  28. I Like Wonkets on Facebook as Laurie Bolduc

    ReplyDelete
  29. I Like Streets Alive on Facebook as Laurie Bolduc

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really like the Garnets and Ice. Great organization!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I liked A Mom After God's Own Heart!
    mysticmisha at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I liked Wonkets on Facebook.
    mysticmisha at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I absolutely LOVE the Golden Sky Necklace: http://wonkets.split5.com/products-page/necklaces/golden-sky

    megnate at telus dot net

    ReplyDelete
  34. I follow you on GFC (same name)

    megnate at telus dot net

    ReplyDelete
  35. I like you on facebook (same name)

    megnate at telus dot net

    ReplyDelete
  36. I follow you on twitter as @fahlinstar

    megnate at telus dot net

    ReplyDelete
  37. I follow you on Pinterest (same name)

    megnate at telus dot net

    ReplyDelete
  38. I like Wonkets on facebook (same name)

    megnate at telus dot net

    ReplyDelete
  39. I like Streets Alive on facebook (same name)

    megnate at telus dot net

    ReplyDelete
  40. I like the garnets and ice

    http://wonkets.split5.com/products-page/necklaces/garnets-and-ice

    ReplyDelete
  41. liked you on fb https://www.facebook.com/cathy.ddreemzz

    ReplyDelete
  42. followed you on twitter https://twitter.com/ddreemz1

    ReplyDelete
  43. followed you on pintrest http://pinterest.com/ddreemz/

    ReplyDelete
  44. liked https://www.facebook.com/wonkets https://www.facebook.com/cathy.ddreemzz?ref=tn_tnmn

    ReplyDelete
  45. liked https://www.facebook.com/StreetsAlive?fref=ts
    https://www.facebook.com/cathy.ddreemzz?ref=tn_tnmn

    ReplyDelete
  46. follow you on instagram http://instagram.com/ddreemz

    ReplyDelete
  47. I like Crystal Leopard. Liked on facebook. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete