Sunday, February 24, 2013

God's Word In My Heart - Scripture Memory Program: A Review


Help your children hide God's Word in their young hearts and learn Scripture alongside them with God's Word in My Heart: A Scripture Learning Guide with Memory Verses!

This eBook includes:
  • Ideas for teaching Scripture to your children, from the baby on up
  • List of Songs and other Go-Alongs for learning Scripture
  • List of specific songs that go with the memory verses
  • Printable Scripture memory verses {presented in short and long form for all ages} for use at home, school or church
    • ABC Memory Verses
    • Verses on Sin and Salvation
There are now four versions of God's Word in My Heart available:
  • ESV (English Standard Version)
  • KJV (King James Version)
  • NASB (New American Standard)
  • Variety (ESV, NIV 1984, NASB, NKJV)
I created this book so that it can be used with kids of any age {even those of us who are "big kids"}! It is designed primarily for toddlers through the elementary ages, but the printable verses make it a great springboard for junior high and high school memory work as well.

About The Author:

Jenn Thorson is the owner and writer at The Purposeful Mom, a wife and mom to three.  She hopes that women will join her as she learns to live with purpose in the spiritual, financial and practical areas of life. 

My Review:

My children are still young, only four and six years of age, but that does not mean they cannot learn to memorize scripture. In fact, each of them has already memorized a number of verses, hymns and part of the Catechism. Each year I decide which verses we are going to learn as a family, and then we get to work memorizing.

 There are a number of products available currently for parents, teachers and other caregivers to use that can help children learn God's word! One of the products that I have recently used is God's Word In My Heart, a scripture memorization program for children (and in the end, for adults too!) The coloring pages that are printable are also a great addition to this program, with my girls spending hours coloring and learning scripture at the same time. 

In the first part of the book, Thorson examines the importance of scripture memorization for children, and then teaches the read how to use her program. She then includes an ABC list of a variety of scripture. I love that you can purchase the program by specific Bible translation or a variety (which is what I received).  The author also includes music as part of a way to memorize scripture in a fun way, and even mentions one of my favorite groups, Seeds Family Worship!

The thing that I loved most about God's Word In My Heart is how adaptable it truly is. It can be used for children of all ages true, but also for teens and adults. I am currently using the verses to scrapbook an ABC Album for each child, along with pictures of themselves in it. As each verse is memorized, I will add some embellishments to the page and allow the girls to pick which flowers, bling, stickers or whatever to add. I hope to finish make the books by Easter, and present it as a gift instead of candy. 

If you are looking for a fun and easy way to memorize Bible verses I highly recommend God's Word In My Heart! I give this scripture memorization program a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase a digital copy of God's Word In My Heart online here. Right now you can get it for $3.99, using the code PRESIDENT until 02/28/13!

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of the author, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment