Monday, February 4, 2013

Unglued Devotional: A Book Review

About The Book:

Lysa TerKeurst, like most women, has experiences when others irritate, disappoint, criticize, or do other things that bump into her happy. We come emotionally unglued as we stuff, explode or react somewhere in between. Is it really possible to make emotions work for us instead of against us?

In this companion devotional, Lysa builds on the teaching from the bestselling book, Unglued, to encourage more peace and calm in your relationships. During this 60-day journey you will:

**Live in the grace of making imperfect progress even on those days when your emotions throw you for a loop.

**Be a more positive role model to your family and coworkers as you shift from overreacting to speaking life-giving words.

**Know with confidence how to resolve conflict in your closest relationships.

Including a daily opening Scripture, thought for the day, devotion, and closing prayer, this book will help you make a progress in how you react to break the cycle of exploding or stuffing your emotions.

About The Author:

Lysa TerKeurst is a New York bestselling author and national speaker who helps everyday women live an adventure of faith. She is the president of Proverbs 31 Ministries, author of 15 books, and encourages more than 600,000 women worldwide through a daily online devotional. Her remarkable life store captured audience across America when she appeared on Oprah and Good Morning America. She lives in North Carolina with her husband, five children, three dogs, and a mouse that refuses to leave her kitchen.

My Review:

Unglued was one of my absolute favorite reads of 2012! I was forever changed by the words and challenges set forth in this great read by Lysa TerKeurst! I discovered that it was a book that I desperately needed to read and I am so glad that it came into my life when it did. As a result of reading Unglued, I realized I am both an exploder and stuffer. Yet, I do not have to stay like that!

Now, with Unglued Devotional: 60 Days of Imperfect Progress, I have a great tool to continue to encourage me. I am only about seven days in and already have been so immensely encouraged with  each word read. The book is very easy to read, easy to apply, and well written. It has been so amazing to be reminded that life is a journey and it is all about "imperfect progress" versus being perfect in the journey!

If you are looking for a book that will encourage you and challenge you in your journey to not only understanding, but also controlling, your emotions, this devotional (and the book) is definitely a book for you!

I highly recommend Unglued Devotional and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase Unglued Devotional at your favorite bookseller from Thomas Nelson

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of BookSneeze and Thomas Nelson, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment