Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Getting Ready for Easter with Kinder!



As a child, some of my favorite memories revolve around holidays like Christmas, Halloween and, of course, Easter. Growing up in a Christian home, my parents always made a point to combine both the religious and non-religious aspects of holidays. Now, as a parent, I am also doing both. Easter is just around the corner and I have been on the hunt for both fun and educational ways to celebrate.

One of the things that we do as a family is typically we will attend church on Good Friday and Easter Sunday. We do this to remember the sacrifice and gift that God gave when His son, Jesus Christ, was crucified and resurrected. It is a time to spend reflecting as a family, and help our children learn in a child-friendly and age appropriate manner. We have used items like Resurrection Eggs and Veggie Tales, as well as reading The Easter Story from Usborne Books.

Also, just like many families around the world, we spend time during Easter with extended family. This year will be no exception. We are travelling a short distance (about an hour) to spend time with my husband's family. It will be a time of reconnecting, fellowship, eating (always good eats when you have a German/Mennonite family), and generally, having a great time together! It always warms my heart to see my girls have fun with their grandparents, aunts and uncles, and especially their cousins, since they do not see them a lot, due to distance. 

As parents, we decided a while ago that we would not emphasis The Easter Bunny, or getting candy at Easter, but focus on time with family, and Jesus' Death and Resurrection. We do still do egg coloring and a little egg hunt but my girls know these treats are from us. I also try to give non-candy products as much as possible. But little treats are always welcome in our home for special occasions like Easter.



As a Diabetic, I am very careful about what candy products I use for myself and what I give to the girls (who are both sensitive to sugars). One product that is a staple in our home, for special occassions and treats, is Kinder! The chocolate is awesome, Nut-free (all products but their new Mini Eggs), and the girl's absolutely LOVE finding little toys in their eggs. Not only are these products Nut-Free (again, NOT the new Mini Eggs, only the original Kinder Eggs) but so far we have noticed that my blood sugars are not effected, nor do we see any sugar-related meltdowns in the girl's after eating Kinder products.

As a Kinder Mom, I recently received an awesome basket full of Easter Kinder products:

***Kinder Surprise 100g Egg
***Kinder Mix with Plush (we got the frog!)
***Kinder Hollow Bunny with Surprise
***Kinder Mini Eggs (NOT NUT FREE!)
***Kinder Surprise Decoration Kit


I cannot wait to see the look on my children's eyes when they find these treats on Easter! The Decoration Kit looks great and has very easy instructions, so it will be great for the girl's to use their creativity and decorate with a cousin or two:)


While there are many reasons I love being a Kinder Mom, one stands above the rest. That is how Kinder is always giving back! Their "Joy To Share" program has been giving back to Children's Miracle Network of Canada for a while now and this Easter season is no exception! During the month of March, with each new "Like" on the Kinder Facebook page, Kinder will donate $1 to Children's Miracle Network of Canada (to a max of $25,000!) Head over there now if you haven't already and Like Kinder today!


You can also check out all the new Easter Kinder Toys and vote for your favorite Kinder toys!

Finally, Kinder is going on TOUR! Check out the Facebook to find out when he is visiting Calgary, Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal!

What are some fun things you do with your family to celebrate Easter? Let me know in the comments below!

***Disclosure: I’m part of the Kinder® Mom program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own***

No comments:

Post a Comment