Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Devotions, Advice and Renewal for when Motherhood Feels Too Hard: A Book Review


About The Book:

When Motherhood Feels Too Hard is the daily inspiration you need to not just get through the day, but to flourish as a mother, to build a home, and to ignite a passion in your children that will impact the next generation for the glory of God. 



About The Author:

Kelly and her husband, Aaron, enjoy life in a quiet spot in Alabama with their nine children. You can find additional resources and more information about their ministry at her blog, Generation Cedar.

My Review:

As much as I love the fact that I am a mother, there are definitely days when it is hard, and I seem to be at the end of my rope. Each day I awaken with great expectations for how I want the day to go, but I am quickly reminded that things are not in my control but in God's. With each page read, I was reminded that these two beautiful little girls that God gave my husband and I after so many years of infertility issues are just what God's plan is for us. Always in the joyous time, with my little ones snuggling but especially in the hard times. It's in these difficult times that I am called to remember that the purpose of parenting is to help my children grow into wonderful women of God! It's this book that has helped me to remember there is purpose in the pain, whatever that pain is, even the day to day events of this journey called motherhood. Through poetry, quotes, advice and short devotions I was reminded that this was exactly what i needed to be reminded of: that I need to look to God daily to give me peace, discernment, patience, understanding and wisdom as I deal with my children. I was reminded on Day 30 that my attitude really impacts the atmosphere in my home (which I knew but the reminder was just what I needed at the time of reading the book). Finally I loved the survival tips that Kelly included and I have already started implementing a number of them, including building forts with the kids, reminding myself that even if I only complete one chore off my list that is okay, I did something and turning on music to change the mood!

If you are a mom that is struggling or know a mom who is (I am sure we all do!) this would be the perfect read right now! I also believe that this would be a great idea for a baby shower gift, not to discourage a new mom but to be a tool for those tough days she will face ahead!

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase Devotions, Advice and Renewal for When Motherhood Feels Too Hard online through Generation Cedar

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of the author, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment