Thursday, April 11, 2013

God Is My Refuge: A Book Review

About The Book:


In this daily devotional, Kathy Howard combines Scripture reading, insightful commentary, personal reflection, and Scripture memory to help women draw closer to God and experience his help in the midst of life's trials.

"In this world you will have trouble." Jesus said it and our life experiences prove it. From financial need and illness to loss and broken relationships, every Christian woman encounters difficulties. Most believe God can help, but many don't know where to go in the Bible to find the comfort, peace, and guidance he longs to give. God Is My Refuge provides the direction Christian women need to discover, understand, and apply the "ever-present help" that only God can give.

Each devotional includes five components to guide readers through a well-rounded time with God. Through these components readers will have the opportunity to hear from God through the Bible, understand biblical truths, apply these truths to their lives, respond to God in prayer, and equip themselves through Scripture memory.


About The Author:

KATHY HOWARD has been teaching the Bible for over twenty years to a variety of audiences. She has a Masters in Christian Education from the Canadian Southern Baptist Seminary. Kathy helps women live an unshakeable faith through her Bible teaching and writing. She encourages them to stand firm on our rock-solid God no matter life's circumstances. Raised in Louisiana, she and her engineer husband have moved around the U.S. and Canada.

My Review:

Are you struggling with worry, a loss of a loved one, illness or relationship trials?

Then God Is My Refuge is the perfect thing for you!

Over a 12 week period, author Kathy Howard will encourage you on your journey and remind you through wise words and scripture that God is always there for you, regardless of what you are going through.

Each week's devotion is written very simply but has bold truth's to them. With a memory verse to meditate on through the week, reflection questions and a short devotional, I found that I was lifted up and reminded of God's love with each word read. Many of the verses quoted in the book have been ones I have clung to in difficult times before, but there were many that were not as familiar for encouragement and just what I needed as I read the book.

It is easy to journey through trials but it is through them that God seems to teach us the things He most wants us to learn. I am grateful to have this book to reference, not only for myself, but also to refer to when travelling a difficult journey with a family member or friend!

This book has been a wonderful blessing to me, and I have passed it on to several people I know already, and plan to do so more again in the future.

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase God Is My Refuge at your favorite bookseller from Leafwood Publishers, as well as online here.

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Leafwood Publishers, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment