Monday, April 15, 2013

Hidden In The Heart: A Blog Tour and Book Review

About The Book:


Everything Claire wants seems to be beyond her reach...
After losing her mother to cancer and suffering a miscarriage soon after, Claire Ferguson numbs the pain with alcohol and pills, and wonders if her own life is worth living.
Adopted at birth, Claire is convinced she has some unknown genetic flaw that may have been the cause of her miscarriage. She must find a way to deal with the guilt she harbors. But exoneration will come with a price. With her marriage in trouble and her father refusing to answer any questions about her adoption, Claire begins the search for her birth mother. For the first time in her life, she really wants to know where she came from. But what if the woman who gave her life doesn't want to be found?
Hidden in the Heart has been nominated for a 2013 Grace Award and is on the long list for an INSPY award.

About The Author:

Catherine West is an award-winning author who writes stories of hope and healing from her island home in Bermuda. Her first novel, "Yesterday's Tomorrow", released in 2011 and won the INSPY for Romance, a Silver Medal in the Reader's Favorite Awards, and was a finalist in the Grace Awards. Catherine's second novel, "Hidden in the Heart", released in September 2012. When she's not at the computer working on her next story, you can find her taking her Border Collie for long walks or tending to her roses and orchids. She and her husband have two college-aged children. 
Learn more about Catherine by visiting her website: http://www.catherinejwest.com

My Review:

As you read Hidden In The Heart you will take an emotional journey into the world of adoption and all that entails. I am adopted and definitely related to the main character on more than one occasion. Themes of addiction, forgiveness, second chances, and unconditional love that comes from Christ are all amazingly woven throughout this wonderfully written novel. 

Though at times I needed to put the book down to take a break from the rawness, it was definitely an incredible read. I look forward to reading more from this author in the future. I felt the book took on real life situations with care and I loved that the characters were so real and fallible. This, in my opinion, brings the novel to life. The book drew me in from the first chapter and I did not want to put the book down! It was well-written, with wonderful dialogue between characters and had a strong Christian sense to it, without being overbearing. You will laugh, you will cry and you will be touched as you read Hidden in my Heart! I know I was.

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase Hidden In The Heart online through Amazon.

***I received a complimentary electronic copy of this book, courtesy of Litfuse Publicity Group, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment