Friday, May 31, 2013

Undeniably Yours: A Book Review

About The Book:


When Meg Cole's father dies unexpectedly, she's forced to return home to Texas and to Whispering Creek Ranch to take up the reins of his empire. The last thing she has the patience or the sanity to deal with? Her father's Thoroughbred racehorse farm. She gives its manager, Bo Porter, six months to close the place down. 

Bo knows he ought to resent the woman who's determined to take from him the only job he ever wanted. But instead of anger, Meg evokes within him a profound desire to protect. The more time he spends with her, the more he longs to overcome every obstacle that separates them and earn her love.

Just when Meg realizes she can no longer deny the depth of her feelings for Bo, their fragile bond is broken by a force from Meg's past. Can their relationship--and their belief that God can work through every circumstance--survive?

About The Author:

Becky Wade is a graduate of Baylor University. As a newlywed, she lived for three years in a home overlooking the turquoise waters of the Caribbean, as well as in Australia, before returning to the States. A mom of three young children, Becky and her family now live in Dallas, Texas. Visit her website at www.beckywade.com.

Interview with the Author:

1.What inspired you to write Undeniably Yours?

I was inspired by Regency-era love stories I read growing up that featured wealthy and aristocratic heroines paired with brave-hearted, common-born heroes.  I write contemporary romance and so it was great fun for me to bring these character types into a modern Texas setting and give their storyline my own unique twist. 

2.What is the book's theme?

Undeniably Yours is about a woman's journey from weakness to strength.  She's able to find that strength, little by little, as she trusts in God's power and plan.

3.How would you describe your writer's voice?

My voice is funny, authentic, and modern.  I write love stories about imperfect people redeemed by a perfect God.  It's my hope that my books will charm and entertain my readers, while simultaneously stirring their emotions and encouraging their faith.

4.Is Undeniably Yours part of a series?

All of my books stand alone.  They each tell a complete story in and of themselves.  At the same time, I've long wanted to write a group of books about members of the same family, and starting with Undeniably Yours, I'll have that chance!  Undeniably Yours is the first of four books about the Porter family from Holley, Texas.  Each book will detail the story of a different sibling.  

5.What was your reaction when your CBA debut novel, My Stubborn Heart, was recently named a finalist for the RITA award?

Joy!  I was so conscious, when I received the news, that God is the one worthy of recognition for the creation of My Stubborn Heart.  I believe that it's not me who writes, so much as it's me who steps out of the way and seeks to let God write books through me.  

The nomination also filled me with gratitude for the people responsible for bringing the book to publication.  My agent believed in it from the beginning.  My editor, Sarah Long, championed and improved the manuscript.  Everyone at Bethany House -- from the editorial staff, to the cover designer, to the marketing and sales teams -- lent it amazing support.    

6.What does a normal writing week look like for you? 

I'm the mother of three (12, 9, 4).  I write in and around taking care of my children and house.  Typically, I block off three big chunks of quiet (thus kid-free!) writing time every week.  Some moms may listen to music or talk on their cell phones while driving carpool or pushing their preschooler on a swing at the park.  Not me!  I spend those moments dreaming up dialogue, scenes, character traits

My Review:

Becky Wade has come out with another wonderful, feel-good novel in Undeniably Yours. My Stubborn Heart was one of my favorite novels of 2012, but Undeniably Yours may have possibly outdid it. With  characters that you will fall in love with at the very start, to a writing style that will keep you engaged with each page read, and true-to-life romance and antics, you will read this book very quickly! It is the perfect way to start a new series and one that you will want to add to your summer reading list to be sure! I cannot wait to see what happens next for The Porter family. While part of a four book series, each book will be a stand alone novel as well. Perfect for those of us that find ourselves starting books and realizing they are part of a series. A book that is appropriate for all ages young adult and older.

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase Undeniably Yours at your favorite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group 

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications Inc., for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment