Saturday, June 8, 2013

Sanctus Real - Run: A CD Review


GRAMMY-nominated Sanctus Real features the talent of Matt Hammitt (lead vocals, guitar), Chris Rohman (lead guitar), Mark Graalman (drums), Dan Gartley (bass) and Pete Prevost (guitar). Over the course of their career, the Dove Award-winning band has released five albums, racking up seven No. 1 singles, six of which landed in the Top 5. Sanctus Real holds true to the honesty of joys and heartbreaks in their music. From their last album, Pieces of a Real Heart, that released March 9, 2010 on Sparrow Records, the band continued to push themselves both artistically and thematically. Fueled by the real-life experiences culled from a life often spent traveling from city to city, not to mention the maturing that inevitably results when raising families, the album is confessional, thoughtful and really anything but surface-level.
“I think one of the reasons why the album is so special is because we embraced the idea of ‘less is more,’” Hammitt says. “It was a matter of saying, ‘These are the parts that we believe really convey the heart of these songs.’ That’s what made a significant difference this time around. Hands down, Pieces of a Real Heart is not only our favorite album, but I believe it’s the best work we’ve ever done.”
Sanctus Real released their sixth album, Run February 5, 2013.

My Review:
I have been a great fan of Sanctus really since they first came out and have absolutely loved listening to their most recent CD, Run. The entire CD is classic Sanctus Real, and I have thoroughly enjoyed how raw and honest the lyrics are and I found myself relating to much of the emotion that comes through the CD. Musically, not my fave of Sanctus Real (Pieces of a Real Heart is by far!) but lyrically, this was exactly the CD I needed to hear in the life stage I am in. God placed this CD in my hands for a reason and it has been a huge encouragement to me. My favorite songs on the CD are Promises, Picture of Grace and Commitment. I look forward to what Sanctus Real comes out with next. 
I highly recommend this CD and give it a huge thumbs up!
BUY IT: You can purchase Run by Sanctus Real at your favorite Music Retailer from EMI Music.
***I received a complimentary copy of this CD, courtesy of Merge PR, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own,and I have not been compensated in any other manner***



No comments:

Post a Comment