Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Guardian: A Blog Review

About The Book:

Come home to Hickory Hollow, Pennsylvania--the beloved setting where Beverly Lewis's celebrated Amish novels began--with new characters and new stories of drama, romance, and the ties that draw people together.
When Jodi Winfield comes to Lancaster to house-sit, the last thing she expects to find is a disheveled little girl alone on the side of the road. The young teacher is mystified when she learns there have been no reports of a missing child, and the girl herself is no help, since she can't speak English. It's as if the child appeared out of nowhere.
Then Jodi turns her attention to Hickory Hollow--and the cloistered world of the Old Order Amish--in search of answers.
You can read an excerpt of this book here, in PDF Format
About The Author:

Beverly Lewis, born in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch country, is the New York Times bestselling author of more than ninety books. Her stories have been published in eleven languages worldwide. A keen interest in her mother's Plain heritage has inspired Beverly to write many Amish-related novels, beginning with The Shunning, which has sold more than one million copies and was recently made into an Original Hallmark Channel movie. In 2007The Brethren was honored with a Christy Award. She has been interviewed by both national and international media, including Time magazine, the Associated Press, and the BBC. Beverly lives with her husband, David, in Colorado. Visit her Web site at www.beverlylewis.com for more information.

My Review:

I have been a huge fan of Beverly Lewis for many years! In fact, it was her novel, The Shunning, that got me into the world of Amish Fiction. I looked up her list of works, and other than the childrens books, I have read each of her novels! And I have even started reading the Cul-de-Sac Kids books with my two girls this year. I have had the opportunity to review the first two books of the Home to Hickory Hollow series, and recently was sent the final book of this trilogy, The Guardian.

The Guardian has been my favorite book of this series. With wonderful characters and a story line that draws you in from the first chapter, I was very intrigued by the interactions between all the characters but especially the relatioships seen between the Amish and Englishers. The issues that the three main ladies dealt with are such that we all could deal with and therefore this book will relate to all who read it. It is a very easy read and quick one. I read it in a weekend, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is probably one of my favorite books from Lewis that I have read! I cannot wait to see what is going to be next from this prolific writer!

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase The Guardian at your favorite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications Inc., for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment