Sunday, June 2, 2013

When Love Calls: A Book Review

About The Book:

When romance calls, will she choose to answer?
Hannah Gregory is good at many things, but that list does not include following rules. So when she must apply for a job as a switchboard operator to support her two sisters, she knows it won't be easy. Hello Girls must conduct themselves according to strict-and often bewildering-rules, which include absolutely no consorting with gentlemen while in training.

Hannah doubts it will be difficult to keep that rule-until a handsome young lawyer starts getting under her skin.
With historic details that bring to life the exciting first decade of the twentieth century, Lorna Seilstad weaves a charming tale of companionship that blossoms into sweet romance.


You can read an excerpt of the book here, in PDF format.

About The Author:

A history buff, antique collector, and freelance graphic designer, Lorna Seilstad is the author of Making WavesA Great Catch, and The Ride of Her Life. A former high school English and journalism teacher, she has won several online writing contests and is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers. Lorna lives in Council Bluffs, Iowa, with her husband. Find out more at www.lornaseilstad.com.

My Review:

This is the first novel from this author I have read, and it truly will not be the last. I thoroughly enjoyed it and loved that there is something for everyone! A little bit of mystery, romance, humor, and time period history will have you hooked from the very first pages. It is a quick read, and, I loved all the characters but especially Hannah and her sisters. I loved the little tidbits of history that were intertwined through the book. It brought me back to the early 20th Century and I felt as though I was experiencing each scene with the characters. The message that God is in control of our lives and we need to surrender all to Him is a recurrent theme in the book, without being overly preachy. With Ruth being one of my favorite books of the Bible, I was very excited to see her story woven into When Love Calls. A great addition to a fantastic read! I look forward to reading more from this fantastic author!

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase When Love Calls at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications Inc., for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment