Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Get Cooking with Vitamix!

If you knew me growing up, and even into my college days, you are well aware of the fact that I did not embrace cooking and baking! In fact, I will be the first to admit that it took several years into my marriage until I was willing to take the lead in the meal preparation department. 

However, since having children, I have stepped up to the plate and now absolutely love trying new recipes, and new tools and equipment that will help me in the kitchen. Whether its for school snacks, my home day care meals or making delicious and nutritious meals for my hard-working husband. I have discovered many wonderful recipes that my family loves, and I make with joy and cheerfulness. In fact, I bake almost daily, and the majority of our meals are home-made.

One of my homemaking addictions is collecting cookbooks and recipes, but the other is small kitchen appliances. I think I have had, at some point or another, every possible small appliance known to man, over the years. My most favorite appliance though is one that is a multi-purpose tool, because not only can I use it for many types of recipes, but it often replaces the need for several smaller appliances. These would be items like a food processor or blender. 

Over the years, I had used several brands of these products, none of them really doing exactly what I wanted, or needed, completely. A few months ago though, I was introduced to the Vitamix and immediately fell in love! I could not believe all the amazing things you could do with one machine. Because of the price point, my husband and I decided we would save our money and treat ourselves to a V itamix later this year, as our anniversary or Christmas gift to one another. Well, through the next few weeks after, I decided to pitch the idea of testing and reviewing the Vitamix 7500 and to our delight I received it in August! Let me tell you, I was super excited when the Purolator delivery man brought that box to our home!



About The Company:

Vitamix, privately owned and operated by the Barnard family since 1921, manufactures and markets superior blending and mixing products directly to the public and the restaurant/hospitality industry. Vitamix is recognized as a leader in innovation in the direct marketing industry, having created the infomercial genre in the late 1940s and developed the first true commercial blender in the early 1990s. The company’s commercial customer list reads like a “Who’s Who” of major restaurant chains, and gourmet chefs worldwide say their Vitamix machines are more important to them than their knives. Nestled in the valley of picturesque Olmsted Falls, Ohio, the company employs more than 700 people, assembles all products in NE Ohio, has a global presence in more than 100 countries and continues to win awards for product innovation. For more information, visit vitamix.com. 



About The Vitamix 7500

Continuing as the leader in professional-grade blending innovation, Vita-Mix® Corporation introduces the Vitamix 7500. Featuring a high-performance motor for quicker and easier processing of even the most hard-to-prepare ingredients, the Vitamix 7500 effortlessly chops, creams, blends, heats, grinds, and churns, helping users successfully create their favorite recipes.

The newest design from Vitamix features exciting innovations on the inside and outside of the machine. An ultra-responsive Variable Speed Dial and Pulse feature provides superior precision and consistent blends through the intuitive controls with little effort. The machine’s powerful ≈2 peak motor output horsepower generates blade speeds up to 240 mph, further allowing for thorough and power-packed blending. Vibration dampening technology is also added to the 7500 for quieter performance. 

The 7500's compact and modern design allows it to fit under most kitchen cabinets, keeping it readily accessible on the counter for daily use and proudly displayed as part of a well-appointed kitchen. The low-profile 64-ounce, Eastman Tritan® copolyester BPA-free container features a laser-cut, stainless steel hammermill and cutting blades measuring 4-inch diameter to ensure a consistent blend every time. The improved pour spout provides a quicker and easier pour, resulting in no-mess creations.

The Vitamix 7500 includes a patented tamper, which helps process thick or frozen mixtures with perfect results every time. The tamper fits securely into the container with a special collar designed to prevent it from hitting the blades.

“Vitamix is extremely proud to introduce the new 7500,” said Anthony Ciepiel, Chief Operating Officer Vita-Mix Corporation. “Our goal was to deliver a machine that our customers could rely on for unsurpassed performance and long-term durability. With the intuitive Variable Speed Dial and Pulse feature, consumers will find the ease-of-use, the consistency, and the accuracy of the blend to be unsurpassed.”

The Vitamix 7500 is available in black, white and ruby color options. It has a suggested retail price of $529 and includes the Simply Fresh hard-bound cookbook containing hundreds of chef-tested recipes. It also comes with a full seven-year warranty. The Vitamix 7500 is sold at specialty and online retailers, along with vitamix.com.


My Review:

We have had a ton of fun, and good eats, as we have experimented with our Vitamix over the last month! I am officially in love with the newest member of my small appliance collection! The Vitamix 7500 has been a huge asset to my baking and cooking arsenal.


Though I love that food is chopped and smoothies made in record speeds, I absolutely adore that I can take healthy eating to a whole different level than I had been already. From making smoothies (almost daily for my girls and I) to spaghetti sauces to salad dressings and even muffins, the Simply Fresh Cookbook that accompanies the Vitamix 7500 has been fantastic to use! I have also found a ton of recipes from Vitamix users online through Pinterest and Google. I have had to adapt several of the recipes due to food intolerances, but these adaptations were easy and did not alter the taste of the original recipes much at all! 


We have tried several of the Simply Fresh Recipes and they were delicious, including Tomato Soup, Garden Vegetable Soup, Breakfast Muffins and many of the smoothies! All were delicious and have been made several times over! I even chopped up onions from my garden to freeze without any tears! One of the soups we tried was Broccoli Cheese Soup and it was so easy to prep and hot when it was done, and super yummy! You can find the recipe here!

While the price point of a Vitamix has been seen as a deterrent to many people, it is my opinion that this is a small appliance well worth the money. It is used every day in my home and will be for many years to come, especially with a seven year warranty! The customer service has been wonderful that we have already experienced, and I know that should a problem come up, it will be resolved easily. In fact, we recently (last week) received a letter in the mail concerning a recall, and once I contacted the company, a replacement part was immediately shipped out. 


Since the machine is fast, it is also a little on the loud side when used at the high speeds (Variable 6-10 mostly), but I love that it fits perfectly on my kitchen counter so its accessible all the time.

I cannot recomment the Vitamix 7500 enough and give it a HUGE thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase Vitamix products online in here through Vitamix, as well as online through Costco Canada

***I received a complimentary product, courtesy of Vitamix and Fall Communications, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment