Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Rules of Murder: A Book Review

About The Book:

From The Tip of his black Homburg to the crease in his stylish cheviot trousers, he's the epitome of a stylish 1930s English gentleman. His only problem? The body he just discovered. 

Drew Farthering loves a good mystery, although he generally expects to find it in the pages of a novel, not on the grounds of his country estate. 

With the help of beautiful and whip-smart Madeline Parker, a guest from America, Drew proposes to use the lessons he's learned reading his mysteries to solve the crime. Before long, he realizes this is no lark, and no one at Farthering Place is who he or she appears to be--not the butler nor blackmailer, the chauffeur nor embezzler. Trying hard to remain one step ahead of the killer--and trying harder to impress Madeline--Drew must decide how far to take this dangerous game.


You can read an excerpt of this novel, here, in PDF format.

About The Author:

Julianna Deering has always loved British history and literature and is particularly a fan of the classic mysteries written by Dorothy Sayers and Agatha Christie. She graduated from the University of Texas at Dallas and now works for an attorney specializing in wills and estate planning. She lives outside Dallas, Texas, where she loves to quilt, cross-stitch, and watch hockey. Learn more at www.juliannadeering.com.

My Review:

Julianna Deering has done a fantastic job for her debut novel and it will for sure not be the last of her books I will read! I was most blown away by the fantastic cast of characters in Rules of Murder! The author paid careful attention to have an eclectic group of characters, so that anyone reading it would relate to at least one character. I loved that with each page I read, I felt like I was reading a live version of the board game Clue, or heading back in time to a good ole' Agatha Christie mystery! The time period details were fantastic as well, and I felt like that I was right in each scene written. The book flowed nicely and I was taken in by the story line from the very first pages and could not put this book down!

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase Rules of Murder at your favorite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications Inc., for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the great review! Book Two, Death by the Book, is due out in March, with more of Drew and Madeline's adventures.

    Julianna Deering (DeAnna Julie Dodson)

    ReplyDelete