Monday, September 23, 2013

Trapped: A Book Review

About The Book:

A runaway teen, a desperate sister, and an intrepid PI determined to discover the truth 
When Laura Griffith's sixteen-year-old sister disappears on a frigid February day, leaving only a brief note behind, Laura resolves to do whatever it takes to track down the runaway teen. That includes recruiting ATF agent turned private investigator James Devlin to help. Dev knows time is of the essence with runaways--just forty-eight hours can mean the difference between recovery and ruin.

But the deeper he and Laura dig, the more Dev begins to suspect that something sinister is at work in the girl's disappearance. And in the icy winter weather, the trail is going cold . . . 

In her latest thrilling read, queen of romantic suspense Irene Hannon outdoes herself with a fast-paced tale of fear, deception, and just the right dose of romance.




You can read an excerpt of this book here, in PDF format.

About The Author:

Irene Hannon is the bestselling author of more than forty novels, including Vanished and the Heroes of Quantico and Guardians of Justice series. Her books have garnered many honors, including two coveted RITA Awards from Romance Writers of America, a Carol Award, and a Daphne du Maurier Award. Booklist also included one of her novels in its "Top 10 Inspirational Fiction" list for 2011. For more information, visit www.irenehannon.com.

My Review:

Not since being introduced to the work of Dee Henderson and Terri Blackstock, had I found a mystery/suspense author that had me reading until late into the night. That is until I discovered Irene Hannon about two years ago. I have now read every Romantic Suspense books she has written and was definitely on board when the opportunity arose to review her most recent release, Trapped (book 2 in the Private Justice series).

The book starts off introducing you to Laura and gives you a bit of background about her and Darcy, Laura's half sister. Then it does not take long to realize that Darcy has found herself in a very dangerous situation. In my mind as I read the book, I kept thinking that Darcy should have been more smart when making the decisions she did, but alas she was only 16. 

The author did a fantastic job, once again, of making you feel like you were in each scene. As I read each scene, I could visualize it clearly, like a movie or crime tv show was playing in my mind. So fantastic! I thought that the romance part of the book was good too, and loved how the relationship of two other main characters developed (I will not give spoilers I promise:). 

The great thing about many of Hannon's books, is there is often a sneak peek of a forthcoming book, and I was not disappointed this time. You will find an excerpt of Deceived (book 3 in the Private Justice series), which will release in Summer 2014! Its a long time for me to wait for a fave authors book but I know the wait will be totally worth it! While this book is part of a series, it also works great as a stand alone novel, so don't think you have to read book 1 first, just dive right in!

If you are a Irene Hannon fan, you will delight in this book and if you are a fan of Christian romantic suspense and have not yet read Irene Hannon's books, I would highly suggest you start! 

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase Trapped at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications Inc., for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment