Monday, October 21, 2013

Glittering Promises: A Blog Tour and Book Review

About The Book:

Lisa T. Bergren’s popular Grand Tour series concludes as Cora Kensington journeys farther into Italy, wrestles with a terrible ultimatum from her father, and comes to terms with the Father who will never fail her.
America’s newest heiress must decide if her potential fortune is rationale enough to give up her freedom and all that God is leading her toward. And when her newly-discovered siblings are threatened with ruin, her quandary deepens. Then as Cora nears Rome, more journalists are tracking the news story of the decade—“Copper Cora,” the rags-to-riches girl—and want to know more about her family and the men vying for her attention. Meanwhile, a charming Italian countess decides that if Cora isn’t going to claim Will’s heart, she might just try
About The Author:
Lisa T. Bergren is the award-winning author of over thirty-five books, with more than 2 million copies sold. A former publishing executive, Lisa now divides her time between writing, editing, parenting three children with her husband, Tim, and dreaming of her next trip to Italy. She lives in Colorado Springs.
My Review:
To preface my review, I have to say I am sad that the Grand Tour series is coming to an end. It has been one of my fave series to read this year, and Bergren is at the top of my list of fave historical fiction writers! 
Glittering Promises with a large book (over 400 pages!) but it was a delighterful conclusion to this fantastic series. 
Cora was my favorite character of the whole series, and it was a treat to see how this character developed throughout the series. There is plenty of action, romance and twists and turns to keep you reading late into the night and forget the world around you. The written descriptions of Italy and other European countries and landscapes allowed me to visualize being right in the middle of the action and experiencing life in all the places she described. A stunning read that has me yearning for the next great read from Lisa T. Bergren. I will not have to wait too long though as she has a number of books, including a new series, coming out in 2014!
If you are a fan of Bergren you will definitely want to check out this most recent release. I do highly suggest you read the rest of the series as it will help you understand the story lines and characters best.
I highy recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!
BUY IT: You can purchase Glittering Promises online through David C. Cook
***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of LitFuse Publicity Group and David C. Cook, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment