Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Bargain: A Blog Tour and Review


About The Book:

It’s 1971, and Betsie Troyer’s peaceful and predictable life is about to become anything but.
When their parents flee the Amish, nineteen-year-old Betsie and her seventeen-year-old sister Sadie are distraught. Under the dubious guidance of a doting aunt, the girls struggle to keep the secret, praying their parents will return before anyone learns the truth—a truth that may end all hopes of Betsie’s marriage to Charley Yoder.
Book One in the Plain City Peace Series.


About The Author:
Stephanie Reed lives on the outskirts of Plain City, Ohio, site of a once-thriving Amish community. She gleans ideas for her novels from signs glimpsed along the byways of Ohio, as she did for her previous books, "Across the Wide River" and "The Light Across the River."
My Review:
I absolutely enjoyed this novel, one because its my current favorite genre to read, and two because the author takes the genre on a very different turn. The book jumps into action from the first pages. 

I have to say that the inclusion of a theme that includes war, alongside an Amish Fiction novel is the first thing that caught my attention regarding The Bargain. I honestly was not sure how the two themes would reconcile one another but in the end they did so very nicely. The themes of consequences from keeping secrets, pacifism versus inclusion in war, romance, and more were seen throughout this well written novel. The characters developed well throughout the book and I look forward to seeing them in further books, and how they develop more. Overall, a great book!

 There are enough twists and turns in this very atypical Amish novel that makes me very excited to read the next book in this series, and I will let you know when that release date comes out when I find out.

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase The Bargain online at Amazon.com

***I received a copy of this book, courtesy of LitFuse Publicity Group, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment