Monday, November 4, 2013

Bible and Prayers for Teddy and Me: A Blog Tour and Review

About The Book:

This Bible storybook contains twelve favorite episodes from the Old and New Testaments, chosen to emphasize the message of God’s love and care. Each story concludes with a blessing, prayer, or reflection, which is illustrated with the child and the teddy bear together. Children will love the endearing teddy bear illustrations which will help them to relate easily to the stories and prayers.

Unique Selling Points
• Teddy makes Bible stories easy to relate to for young children
• A sweet gift to welcome a new baby
• Combines Bible stories with prayers

About The Author:

Christina Goodings is the author of numerous children's books, including Baby Rhymes and Bedtime BlessingsGrowing GreenI Want to Know About Jesus, and the Bartimouse series. Janet Samuel is the illustrator ofImagine That!Noah's Big Boat, and One Sneaky Sheep.

My Review:

I am a huge fan of children's Bibles and storybook Bibles, and in the last seven years of being a parent, my husband and I have read quite a number of them. Of course we have our favorites, and have now found ourselves in a new stage of reading that goes past picture books into more easy-to-read and chapter books. However, I do have young nieces and nephews that are young, so high quality, doctrinally strong children's Bibles are still on my shopping radar. Recently, I had the opportunity to read Bible and Prayers for Teddy and Me, Blue Edition and I can't wait to share my thoughts with you.

First off, this book is a fantastic collection of the most-loved and well-known Bible stories that our children will learn. There is a total of 14 storeis from both Old and New Testaments, including Daniel and the Lion's Den, Jesus is Born, Jonah, Moses and Easter. The illustrations are simply beautiful and will definitely catch the attention of all children. 

Bible and Prayers for Teddy and Me comes in both Blue and Pink, making it perfect for baby shower and new baby gifts, as well as great for the upcoming Christmas shopping season!

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase Bible and Prayers for Teddy and Me online through Kregel Publications

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Kregel Publications, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment