Sunday, December 29, 2013

My One Word

During the last two years, I have taken the step at the beginning of each year to prayerfully contemplate on a word that will encourage, challenge and inspire me to be the me I know God wants me to be.

 In 2013, my word was DISCIPLINE, and after a lot of prayer and thought, I have decided to once again use that word.

For The Family unpacks a great way to unpack your One Word for the Year here, and this is the way I will be using the concept too!

Discipline is a word that covers so many areas of life, but as I thought about this last year I know I could definitely be more disciplined in several areas. These are the areas I hope to become more disciplined in my life this year:

1. Body
2. Mind
3. Spirit
4. Work
5. Time

Each of these areas encompass several others, so over the next few weeks I intend to bring to you blog posts that will unpack each. I pray that while I strive to be more disciplined in these areas of my life, that we can encourage one another on the journey! Look for the first area coming later this week!

Do you have a "One Word" for 2014? If so, I would love to hear what it is, so please leave me a comment below! If you are blogging about your "One Word" this year, also leave me the link!

Blessings,

4 comments:

  1. My word: Rooted. Verse: Jeremiah 17:7-8

    Marlene Lindquist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have chosen the word Mission, and I will be posting on it on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete