Thursday, January 16, 2014

My 7 Journey!

Just before Christmas I thought I would treat myself to a new eBook. After looking at my Amazon Wish List, and my Pinterest board where I keep track of books I want to read, I decided on an author that is already familiar to me, Jen Hatmaker. I have read a couple of her books, and the one book that I have heard a lot of feedback on was 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess.



 In fitting with my thoughts about purging household items in 2014, this was the perfect fit! So I went to Kobo and purchased it! As I have started reading it, I knew this book would change the way I look at excess forever! Since Christmas was crazy, and I am finally in the routine of a new year, I thought I would pick it up and start reading it about two weeks ago! WOW, am I in for a ride!

Starting in February, I will taking the next seven months and doing my own version of mutiny against excess! I am picking February as that gives me time to research some recipes and tweet the months to the needs of myself and my family. As a person with type 2 diabetes I need to be careful about foods and so want to make sure my food list for the first month is safe. Not that Jen's is not, but want to tweet it to best suit me.



The seven areas of excess are as follows:

1. Food - February 
2. Clothes - March
3. Spending - April 
4. Media - May
5. Possessions - June
6. Waste - July
7. Stress - August

I will be chronicling my journey through 7 over the next few months so please stay tuned to see how this experiment goes. I may not go in the same order as Jen Hatmaker does in the book, particularly with Waste, as she included gardening as part of her plan and I want to as well, however that cannot happen until April or May for me. However, I do plan to stick to the order most of the time otherwise. I am not sure just yet how the rest of my family will join me, specifically with the category of Food, but I will for sure be having them join me in the other areas (they just don't know it yet!).

I am excited to see how the Lord works through the reading of this book, and my personal experiments that come out of reading it. Excess is often a sore spot for many people, including me and I cannot wait to learn some valuable lessons as I journey.

If you have read 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess, let me know your thoughts, or if you have done your own 7 journey I would love to hear about it in the comments below. And if you have blogged about it, please leave me the link!

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Very cool, thanks for bringing us along with you on this journey!

    ReplyDelete