Saturday, February 15, 2014

Not Marked Blog Tour and Review

About The Book:

For far too many years. I resigned myself to let the rapes from the past mess with my head and heart. Flashbacks invaded my sleep. I startled far too easily. Sex within marriage became scary and complicated. I often wondered if I’d ever be normal. I even disconnected from those I loved the most.
The mark that sexual abuse gave me felt indelible, permanently inked with a Sharpie pen. And no matter of scrubbing erased it. (Have you ever felt this way?)
The mark that sexual abuse gave me felt indelible, permanently inked with a Sharpie pen. And no matter of scrubbing erased it. (Have you ever felt this way?)
But they didn’t erase.
The pathway to healing came when I realized I needed to face the past again, to choose to heal for my sake and for the sake of those who loved me. I desperately needed freedom. Have you had this same ache?
You are not alone.
Not Marked will help you:
  • Find the courage to share your story—maybe for the first time.
  • Stop comparing your brokenness to others’ wholeness.
  • Understand the specific way God designed you to heal.
  • Identify safe people to entrust your healing journey to.
  • Embrace utter honesty about your abuse, even if that means anger toward God.
  • Discover how prayer helps you move from angst to alleluia.
  • Find the powerful antidote to bitterness.
  • Let go of accusatory thought patterns and grasp God’s affection for you.
  • Uncover an ancient pathway to healing.
  • Live the effervescent life you’ve longed for but could never quite grasp.


About The Author:

Mary DeMuth is an author and speaker whose desire is to help people live uncaged, freedom-infused lives. She’s authored fifteen traditionally published books, including six novels and her recent Thomas Nelson book, The Wall Around Your Heart. After church planting in Southern France, Mary, her husband Patrick, and their three young adult kids now live in the burbs of Dallas. Mary and her husband are currently scheduling retreats and trainings with churches and ministries about sexual abuse recovery within marriage. Additional information is available at www.marydemuth.com and www.notmarked.com. Watch her personal testimony on The 700 Club at http://bit.ly/1d1kfnh.

My Review:

Sexual abuse is never an easy topic to discuss, whether it's because one is a survivor, knows a survivor, is the abuser or the person helping a person over come their past. It's uncomfortable, hard, devestating but despite it being so hard and life-altering, one can overcome sexual abuse. Through godly people and God himself it is never impossible to heal. 

Author Mary DeMuth has opened up about her journey through sexual abuse in a raw, emotional manner that will impact all who read it. The book is wonderfully written, and the added bonus to DeMuth's experiences is that of her husband. While the book has a wealth of encouraging words from Mary, it was very encouraging to read the viewpoint of a husband of a survivor! 

Not Marked is not a book meant to depress people and make people feel guilty for what they have gone through. It is first and foremost a book of encouragement and hope that through trusting in Christ Jesus, we can overcome all our past and allow Him to use us for His glory!

Not Marked is a book that needs to be in all Christian Ministry staff, including pastors, libraries and read by anyone who knows someone who is dealing with sexual abuse.

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase Not Marked a number of ways!

             Signed Paperback copy here

             Paperback from Amazon here

             Kindle version here

***I received a complimentary electronic of this book, courtesy of the author, for the purpose of review on this blog, and as a member of the book launch team. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for chatting about the book on your beautiful space!

    ReplyDelete