Monday, March 17, 2014

How To Be Rich: A Book Review

About The Book:


How to Be Rich by pastor Andy Stanley explores 1 Timothy 6:18. Andy biblically redefines what wealth is, how to use it, and helps you practice being rich so you will be good at it if you should ever be so fortunate.
The early Christians took this command seriously. Generosity was the hallmark of the early church. They did for those who could not do or would not do anything in return. That was new. That got people’s attention.
Is that how people in our communities would describe us?
How to Be Rich will force conversation and reflection around the topic of what to do with what we have. Jesus could not have been any clearer. It’s not what you have that matters. It’s what you do with what you have that will count for you or against you in the kingdom of heaven.
Andy Stanley will encourage you to look at richness differently, which might just lead our families, communities, and world to look at Christians differently.
About The Author:
Andy Stanley is the founder of North Point Ministries, Inc. (NPM). Each Sunday, more than 33,000 people attend one of NPM’s seven Atlanta-area churches. In addition, NPM has planted over 25 churches outside the metro Atlanta area with a combined weekly attendance of more than 15,000. Over one million of Andy’s messages are accessed from our North Point websites monthly, including both leadership and sermon content. To learn more and to access our free online resources, visit us at www.northpointministries.org.
My Review:
The first thing that caught my attention about this book was the subtitle for it, "its not what you have, it's what you do with what you have". And from that subtitle, Pastor Andy Stanley takes you on a journey to become rich in a way that beats money any day. Stanley is a well known pastor in the United States, and worldwide quite honestly, and from reading other reviews about the book, I was very excited. I am so glad that I chose to review this book through BookSneeze because it has really impacted me in a positive way. It has truly changed the way I will look at giving in particular. Through various parts of the book, I was definitely convicted in the way I look at money in general, and specifically how myself and my family view money. It's made me realize that as a mom of young children I can already teach my girls about the importance of giving (which we do, but need to do more) and that even though I may have "extra" money at the end of the month, it's not meant to keep and spend foolishly but give it back to God by helping to meet the needs of others in my life and community. Convicting to be sure, this small book is HUGE on impact! It will radically change the way one looks at what it means to be rich - I know it did for me.
I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!
BUY IT: You can purchase How To Be Rich online through Zondervan.com as well as through your favorite local bookseller from Zondervan
***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of BookLook Blogger Program and Thomas Nelson, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment