Monday, June 30, 2014

Child of Mine: A Book Review

About The Book:

Flight instructor Jack Livingston has been raising his eight-year-old adopted niece, Natalie, since the accident that took her parents' lives. When he travels, Natalie is tenderly cared for by her Amish nanny, Laura Mast, who loves the little girl as her own.
 
Eight excruciating years ago, Kelly Maines's baby was kidnapped. Determined to find her child, Kelly has tirelessly pursued every lead to its bitter end. And now, with the clock ticking, one last clue from a private investigator ignites a tiny flame of hope: Just a few miles away lives a young girl who matches the profile. 
 
Can this be, at long last, Kelly's beloved daughter?


You can read an excerpt of this book, here, in PDF format

About The Authors:

David Lewis is the bestselling author of Coming Home, his first solo novel, as well as a keyboard artist and pilot. He is the first editor for his wife, Beverly Lewis, as well as research partner and manager. David was born in Minnesota, grew up in the Midwest, and met Beverly in Colorado, where they currently make their home.

Beverly Lewis, born in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch country, is the New York Times bestselling author of more than ninety books. Her stories have been published in eleven languages worldwide. A keen interest in her mother's Plain heritage has inspired Beverly to write many Amish-related novels, beginning with The Shunning, which has sold more than one million copies and was recently made into an Original Hallmark Channel movie. In 2007The Brethren was honored with a Christy Award. She has been interviewed by both national and international media, including Time magazine, the Associated Press, and the BBC. Beverly lives with her husband, David, in Colorado. Visit her website at www.beverlylewis.com for more information.

My Review:

I have been reading Beverly Lewis' books for so long I cannot even tell you the first time I did, but what I can say is that I have never been disappointed with any of her books. So when I found out her and her husband, David, were releasing a new project, I knew I HAD to read it! And once again, not disappointed in any way, shape or form.

From the beginning of Child of Mine I was hooked by the story line. I loved that while the book was classic Amish Fiction, that Lewis and Lewis are best known for, it contained a lot of interaction with "Plain" folk, and included a really great mystery story line. I loved that the theme of God bringing good even in the bad is so predominant in this book! A wonderful reminder to be sure. 

The characters were superb, the writing style kept my attention throughout and I read the book in only a couple of days. 

If you are a fan of Amish Fiction, and specifically, Beverly Lewis, you will enjoy this read, and if you have never read a Beverly Lewis book, what are you waiting for?

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase Child of Mine at your favorite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications Inc., for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment