Monday, September 29, 2014

Move On: A Book Review

About The Book:

Life is often messy. God makes provision to help us move beyond our messes but often our first instinct is to hide, deny, ignore, or run from them. Yet it is in the middle of our mess where mercy shows up and offers a safe place to process our struggles, imperfections, doubts, and fears. Then with mercy by our side, we are able to move on and experience the grace and freedom God intended.
In Move On best-selling author Vicki Courtney helps readers come clean with their muddy messes, revealing the deeper issues they must face, including:
  • Christian snobbery
  • struggles and broken dreams
  • the past
  • shame
  • legalism
  • the need for approval
  • idols
  • fickle faith
Once we face our messes, God, with his sweet mercy, can help us to get real, deal, and truly move on.

About The Author:

 Vicki Courtney is a national speaker to women of all ages and the best-selling author of many books and Bible studies including 5 Conversations You Must Have with Your Daughter and Ever After. Vicki and her husband, Keith, have three grown children, a son-in-love, daughter-in-love, and an amazing grandson.

My Review:

This. Book. Will. Change. Your. Life.

It truly will. It is the most thought-provoking book that I have read in a really long time about facing our mess in this journey of life, accepting them, and truly moving on from them. Moving on from the guilt, from the mess, from the worry about what other's will think if they really knew the truth. From all of it. With rawness, honesty and the reminder that God meets us in our mess, embraces us but doesn't leave us in the mess. He uses it (whatever it is) to allow us to reach for His mercy. I love that she challenges us as we read to embrace our messy lives and allow God to bring us out of it, change and grow and allow Him to handle it and allow us to live as saints not get stuck as a sinner.

The writing style of Move On made me feel as though I was sitting in the room with the author, and enjoying a cup of coffee with her. It was an intimate read that allowed me to realize there were things I thought I had dealt with but really had not. I am grateful for the journey I took through reading the book.

While the book is fantastic, there is also a study guide and a DVD study available to allow you to experience this book in a group setting. I know I would love to study it deeper in the near future.

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase Move On via Amazon, as well as through your favorite Christian retailer locally.



***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of BookSneeze and Thomas Nelson, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment