Monday, October 27, 2014

The Hardest Peace: A Blog Tour and Review

About The Book:


A young mother battling cancer invites readers to embrace grace in every season of life.
Kara Tippetts knows the mundane but rich days of mothering four kids, the joy of watching her children grow.and the devastating reality of stage-four cancer.
In The Hardest Peace, she invites readers to see the grace of the everyday in all seasons of life and to live well even when the living is hard. As the thousands of readers of her blog know, Tippetts explores the hardest questions of life with rare beauty and honesty. Most of all, she draws them back to the God who is present, in the ordinary and the suffering, and shapes every life into the best story of all.

About The Author:
Kara Tippetts and her husband, Jason, have four children and lead a church in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Cancer is only part of Kara's story. Her real fight is to truly live while facing a crushing reality. She blogs faithfully at mundanefaithfulness.com.
My Review:
This is probably one of the hardest books I have had to read this year. My heart broke as Kara Tippetts told her story of her cancer journey and the impact that it had on her faith journey. This book is about embracing whatever journey God has you on, whether it is cancer, financial hardship, a marriage crisis, or death of a loved one. Kara shows us with a raw vulnerability that during the difficult, sometimes-hard-to-understand-why moments that we need to embrace it and love on those in our lives with a big love. I am a nine year cancer survivor, and I felt myself relating to the author in so many ways. Although I did not have to go through the journey of chemo or radiation, I still have the fear of what was to come, of death, or reoccurence, of how my body would be after surgery. It is a journey only a cancer patient or survivor can relate to. But at the center of Kara's journey was Jesus, and she clung (and continues to cling) to the peace that can only come from Him. 

The Hardest Peace was very well written, inspiring, encouraging and challenging. I cried more as I read this book, then any I have read this year. Her journey is not over yet and I am just amazed at the strength this woman and her family have. God has definitely used Kara and her family through this book and will continue to do so for a very long time.

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase The Hardest Peace at your favorite local bookseller. It is also available online through Amazon.com
***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of LitFuse Publicity Group, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment