Monday, January 12, 2015

I Need Some Help Here!: A Book Review

About The Book:

For every overwhelmed mom - there is help and hope.

It's easy to feel worried and anxious as a parent. There are so many areas of your child's life that can go wrong along the way. What's a mom to do?

With wit and wisdom, Kathi Lipp meets you in your moments of panic or despair and offers the most powerful tools you have - prayer and practical steps - for both your kid and yourself. She covers the stages of your child's life from toddler to teenager and tackles the most common issues that cause you stress and anxiety, sharing


  • practical wisdom when your child makes poor choices
  • how to pray when your child is running away from God
  • comforting words for when your child feels left out
  • "been there, done that" advice for when your child is different than other kids
Whether you are at the end of your rope or simply need a little extra support as you walk the parenting road, you'll cherish Kathi's heart and her humor.

About The Author:

Kathi Lipp is the author of Praying God's Word for your Husband and Praying God's Word for your Life. She and her husband have four children and live in California. Learn more at www.kathilipp.com.

My Review:

Kathi Lipp is one of my very favorite authors from the last couple of years. She has been such a huge encouragement to my life as a Christian woman, wife and mother. I have not only had the privilege of reading her books but also recently connected via Facebook and even had a personal phone call with her. She has definitely become a mentor to me when it comes to organization and being a Christian mom.

I Need Some Help Here was a fantastic read and covers chapters including:

1. When My Child is Different
2. When My Child is Overwhelmed
3. When My Child is Troubled
4. When My Child is Sick or Injured
5. When My Child Makes Poor Choices
6. When My Child is Running Away from God
7. When My Child is Lacking Character
8. When My Child is Struggling
9. When My Child is Left Out

Kathi uses her gift of humor and combines it with scripture reference and oozes with encouragement. 

One of my favorite parts of the book occurs early one, when Kathi reminds us that we have a lot to learn from Moses. She says this:

"Like Moses, we have to:

1. Listen to God. He has already give us wisdom in his Word
2. Trust God to win the battle, even when things look dire
3. Pray fiercely
4. Do what God says, even if it seems like it won't help
5. Surround ourselves with people who will provide comfort and strength as we go through the battle
6. Have patience and allow God to work

Wow. This was so impacting to me. Not that it was new to hear, because most of it, I have heard in the past. However, in the season I am in with a six and eight year old these six tips have resonated more now than ever.

Here are a few more quotes from the book:

"When you are broken-hearted, you are broken open for other people to see into you and see what they need. When you are brokenhearted, God can do so much more with you than with the one who thinks they have this whole parenting thing down. You are are teachable. You are humbled. You are attentive to the workings of God in your life and the lifes of your kids. And this, my friend, is a priceless gift." (p. 26)

"When I put my trust in my kids, I parent out of shame. When I put my trust in God, there's hope"

"I was not a perfect mom, but I was the mom God chose for them. I was the perfect mom for them"

"It is my actions, rather than my feelings that qualify me as a good mother"  

"Instead of worrying about what you did or didn't do, put your hope in the only one who loves your kids more than you do"

Aren't these quotes incredible? If you are dealing with some difficult situations as a mom, or know someone who is, read this book and get a copy for your friend. It will change the way you look at that the hard times of being a mom! It really will. 

While you can certainly read this book cover to cover (as I did for the review) it is perfect set up to read only the parts that pertain to your life circumstance. Read

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase I Need Some Help Here online here.

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of the author, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment