Sunday, July 5, 2015

A Friend in Me: A Blog Tour and Book Review

About The Book:

Young women long for relational connection with women further ahead of them on the journey. Yet, without realizing it, many of us tend to distance ourselves from those in younger generations.
Can we really have close relationships with women who have different thoughts on church, different experiences with family, and different ways of talking about God? Where do we start?
In A Friend in Me, Pam Lau shows you how to be a safe place for the younger women in your life. She offers five patterns women need to internalize and practice for initiating relationships and talking about issues such as faith, forgiveness, sexuality, and vocation. Most significantly, she reminds you that there doesn’t need to be a divide between generations of women. Together, we can have a global impact—and experience a deeper faith than we’ve ever known.
About The Author:
Pam Lau is the author of Soul Strength and numerous articles for such publications as Christian Scholar’s Review and Christianity Today. She has taught writing at George Fox University and speaks around the country at conferences and retreats. A graduate of Liberty University and Colorado State University, Lau lives near Portland, Oregon, with her husband and three daughters.
My Review:
As a women in my 40's I have been blessed by a number of older women in the last 10 or 15 years that I can truly call a mentor. Those women that have guided me through conversations, prayer and community to be the best Christian wife, women and mom that I can. They have truly lived out the scripture in Titus 2 that directs older women to help younger women grow in their faith and life. Now that I have been involved in a fantastic church the last eight years and been a part of MOPS I have connected with a number of younger women that I would love to one day be a mentor to. To come along side of them like older women did for me. This book explains the importance of such a relationship and I am so glad I had the opportunity to read it.This book is a prime example of how a friendship between two Christian women should be and I absolutely love that she covers the topic of social media and the danger we often fall into believing that real relationships come as a result of connecting online. While I have made some amazing friends online through blogging and reviewing, nothing beats those relationships I have built in real life. It takes a lot of heart and time to really build relationships that are based on Christ and I am up to the challenge! Relationships between women of any age is hard work and the author emphasizes that throughout the book, but that hard work is so worth it!
Check out the great videos for each chapter of the book, along with discussion questions, making it perfect for small group studies! 
I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!
BUY IT: You can purchase A Friend in Me online through Amazon. It is also available through your favorite local Christian book retailer from David C. Cook. 
***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of LitFuse Publicity Group, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment