Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Road To Becoming: A Book Review

About The Book:

Wake up each new day and say yes. 

There is a moment in all of our lives when leaning into the unknown becomes our only viable pathway forward. This is the moment you must ask, "Do I believe the Storyteller knows better than anyone else my part in the story?" If the answer is yes, pack your bags and get ready to follow God into the unknown.

In this vulnerable, laugh-out-loud book, Jenny Simmons shares her own journey through seasons of change and lostness, dead ends and detours, and finally into the terrifying, unknown, God-designed future. The road to becoming is not easy, but it is here you'll begin to discover that new life--life abundant--is 
always, ever among us. Dancing on the horizon.


You can read an excerpt of this book here, in PDF format

About The Author:

Jenny Simmons is a dynamic storyteller and lover of people who sees God's redemptive hand at work in the world around her. She is a sought-after musician and speaker who has garnered a devoted following on her blog (www.jennysimmons.com). As the lead singer of the band Addison Road, Jenny traveled the country performing alongside her husband, Ryan, for over a decade. Jenny and Ryan live in Nashville, Tennessee, with their daughter.

My Review:

A cozy quilt, cup of coffee and a good book. This is my favorite type of "me-time". And when I have this me time with a book that allows me to feel like the author and I are sitting together having coffee that is my absolute favorite book! That is exactly the type of book The Road to Becoming turned out to be. 

Jenny Simmons was incredibly vulnerable, honest, raw and I loved how each word written drew me into the book and kept my attention. It was through her experiences that I was encouraged in my own journey to what God wants for me. This is a book that all Christian women should read. Really, it will change you for the better. God has given Simmons a wonderful gift for writing and reaching people for His good through the writing she does. 

There is joy even in the tough seasons of life and Jenny Simmons is prove of that, and we also are prove of that.

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase The Road to Becoming at your favorite Christian book retailer from Baker Books, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications Inc., for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment