Monday, December 7, 2015

Trial Run: A Book Review

About The Book:

Cutting-edge research requiring controversial experiments. Startling dreams delivering cryptic communication from the dreamer's future self. Ruthless rivals determined to control mind-bending new technology. When you're balancing on the edge of what's possible, trouble awaits, ready to push you into the abyss. 

This daring psychological journey into the very nature of causation and consciousness will leave you turning the pages and grasping for solid ground--especially when it becomes clear just how much fact lies within the fiction.


Dr. Gabriella Speciale has assembled an international team of elite scientists with one goal in mind--to create and control out-of-body experiences that transcend the limits of time and space. Reese Clawson's mind-bending experiments aim to explode the boundaries of human consciousness--and annihilate the opposition in the process.

When a terrifying discovery and a string of failed tests threaten to dismantle both programs, the key to survival may reside in the mind of a gifted grad student whose unsettling dreams have thrust him into the center of a dangerous battle for control.

As the threads of perception and reality become tangled and time itself twists in unexpected directions, one warning remains clear: 
what you don't know can kill you.

You can read an excerpt of Trial Run here, in PDF format



About The Author:

Thomas Locke is a pseudonym for Davis Bunn, the award-winning novelist with total worldwide sales of seven million copies. His work has been published in twenty languages, and critical acclaim includes four Christy Awards for excellence in fiction. Davis divides his time between Oxford and Florida and holds a lifelong passion for speculative stories. As Thomas Locke, Davis is also the author of Emissary. Learn more at www.tlocke.com.

My Review:

Wow, it has been sometime since I have read the genre of thriller/mystery but I am so glad I was able to read and review Trial Run. Now, knowing the genre that Davis Bunn writes I knew I was in for an interesting read with Trial Run.  What a whirl wind book! You will definitely find that your head will be spinning as you read, as I did. This was not necessarily a negative thing. The book just had so many things going on. Many twists that made you think, "did I just read that right?". Yes, you did. There is lot of scientific terms that fit the book and plot well, but can be a little overwhelming. The characters and story were quite detailed, and so I chose to read the book slower than I would so I could take everything in. I am glad I did. There were so many things going on with this book, it was almost impossible to predict what would happen next and I loved that!

 Overall, Trial Run was a great read and I look forward to reading more from Thomas Locke.

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up.

BUY IT: You can purchase Trial Run at your favorite Christian book retailer from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications Inc., for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment