Monday, December 7, 2015

Wild in the Hollow: A Book Review

About The Book:

Amber Haines is a woman haunted by God. Like Eve in the Garden, she craved the fruit that she thought would lead her to freedom. But the whispers of temptation led her instead down a path of isolation, dissatisfaction, and life-altering choices. In her most broken moment, Amber met God waiting for her in the fallout, freely offering her grace and life.

This is a story of the God who makes himself known in broken places.






About The Author:

Amber C. Haines is a soulful writer and a blogger at TheRunaMuck.com. She is curator, with her husband, Seth, of Mother Letters and is a contributor with many acclaimed writers and bloggers at DaySpring's (in)courage. She lives in Arkansas, has four wild sons, and finds community among the broken.

My Review:

Broken hearts. Broken People. Broken Places. 

Broken seems to be a theme in my life this last few years. Particularly broken because of broken relationships and death. Since 2009, death has been a theme that sadly my family has visited far too many times. Six family members have passed away, and I have seen several friends journey through some very difficult times. Yet despite the brokeness there has been an astounding sense of peace that could only come through because of Him. 

As I read Amber Haines' story in Wild in the Hollow there was so much I related to, and yet did not. However, it was so worth reading this book. Our journey's are different but broken is broken and its only through the brokenness that we truly seem to seek Him out and allow Him to heal us. I look back and realize that some of my brokenness was my choice, but more often than not it wasn't. And yet I am grateful for the broken and for the journey and restoration that resulted, just as the author of this book was. She was raw, honest and vulnerable and through these attributes challenges the reader to be the same about the brokenness in our own life. She writes with such beauty that often I had to stop and process what I had just wrote (and that is a good thing). I loved that God was seen all through this book without being overly preachy. An authentic read that I am so glad I had the chance to read. 

If you are in a place of brokenness or know someone who is (I think we all do), I strongly encourage that you read this book. It will challenge and encourage you. 

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase Wild in the Hollow at your favorite book retailer from Revell Books, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Graf-Martin Communications Inc., and Baker Publishing Group, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment