Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Discipline That Connects with Your Child's Heart: A Book Review

About The Book:

You Can Connect With Your Child's Heart Through Discipline 
Parents want to raise respectful, responsible, and faith-filled kids. But when kids misbehave, parents often feel lost and confused, and don't realize that their discipline can make things worse in the long run. 

Jim and Lynne Jackson, founders of Connected Families, teach four powerful principles for discipline that shape both behavior and your kids' hearts. You'll learn to communicate--even when your kids are at their worst--that they are safe with you, loved no matter what, capable of wise choices, and responsible to make right the things they've made wrong. As you impart these messages, you'll create strong relationships, build lasting wisdom and character, and bring God's grace to life in your home!


You can read an excerpt of this book, here, in PDF format

About The Authors:

Jim and Lynne Jackson (www.connectedfamilies.org)have conducted over 1,300 workshops for parents and privately coached more than 1,000 parents since the early 1990s. They are media spokespeople for a variety of parenting issues, frequently speaking at churches and parenting conferences. The Jacksons have three children and live in Minnesota.

My Review:

This has definitely been one of the best parenting books I have read over the last 10 years I have been a parent. I have a select few that I would add to a "Top 10" list and this one is on it to be sure. It has so many practical ideas for parents in all stages of the game. Currently I am a mom of two tween girls. Parenting in and of itself is at times a journey, but during this stage it can be downright hard at times. This book has given me wisdom to impart that I will utilize for years to come. A few of the chapters that particularly hit me included the ones on understanding why my child is misbehaving, putting love into action no matter what and finding/building strengths, even in misbehavior. I especially loved a couple of the appendix topics, specifically those about homework, disrespect/sass and sibling conflict. 

This would be a fantastic gift idea for all parents and a great resource for all family ministry workers.

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: You can purchase Discipline That Connects with Your Child's Heart at your favorite Christian book retailer from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications Inc., for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own and I have not been compensated in any other manner***


No comments:

Post a Comment